Dont Throw your CD-RW if it is not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldy_connect

Broken In
Hello all,

It is known to us that WINDOWS 98 SE is Old, but there is something in this OS which is still useful.

If you are using CD-RW and it is not working properly after some writing or erasing attempts don't throw it. Use WINDOWS 98 SE, and within windows 98 se, erase your CD-RW using NERO BURNING SOFTWARE or ANYOTHER at a MAXIMUM SPEED.
Voila, UR CD-RW is now working.

JUST TRY IT!!!!

Sykora

I see right through you.
For me, it's cheaper to throw away the CD-RW than to go through the pain of installing Windows 98, and then Installing Nero, and then wiping the disc.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
First I need to find a non working CD-RW.. and its drivers for Win98.. then um last but not the least .. I need to find Win98.. I have never used that sh!t except in browsing centers.

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned
^^^ hes talking about the media, not the drive lol... :p

anywyas i wont go over all that pain for a 50 buck thingy

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Infact i agree on some extend.. Windows 98SE is long known for its capabilites to read from media which is rejected by other version of Windows like 2000 or XP or now Vista...

but i dont agree on the point that if the hardware it self is damaged then no software could actually read the disk :(

CadCrazy

in search of myself
ax3 said:
no frds ..... have encountered this 2 ...... i had win 98 & xp .... some cds did get recognized in xp bt in 98 they just poped out ........
Fully Agree. Some cds with "Invalid Ms-Dos Function Error" during copy

OP
G

goldy_connect

Broken In
phreak0ut said:
My system doesn't support 98 :p

I am not asking to install windows 98 in your system. You can try it in your friends or your near and dear computer where windows 98 is installed. Otherwise sorry.

nvidia

-----ATi-----
It was just a matter of LUCK and not some hidden feature in Windows 98 that made your CD work. :D
And my system does not support Windows 98.:(

OP
G

goldy_connect

Broken In
nvidia8800 said:
It was just a matter of LUCK and not some hidden feature in Windows 98 that made your CD work. :D
And my system does not support Windows 98.:(

Before writing this tutorial I had tested this on 5 CD-RWs which are not readable by WinXP/NT.. When I complete erase all this CD-RWs in Windows 98 SE, All Cd-RWs works perfectly in All OSs.
It was not a bit of LUCk, because Luck not favour you all time. So, it is something special in Windows 98.
Although my system is also not support win98, I am try it on my friends computer. Do it.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
the best feature of 98 that i miss a lot is .... u can view different volumes of a multi session disc by just right clicking and choosing the volume trust me it was/is the best way to not show things to ppl....

fun2sh

Pawned!... Beyond GODLIKE
^^^^^^^^^^^ and from where u got 5 non-wrkin cd-rw???
its impossible if the hardware is corrupt no software can repair it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom