DON'T BUY ANY LG PRODUCT

Status
Not open for further replies.

gauravsuneja

macaddict
I HAD AN LG DVD ROM DRIVE AND MY FRND HAD A LG CD ROM AB TOH HUM KEH SAKTEIN HAI "HAD" KYUNKI DONO KI DRIVE KHARAB HO GAYI LG CDROM WARRANTY KE BAAD MERI THODI PEHLE THEN I WENT 2 LG SERIVE CENTRE THEY GOT IT REPAIREDAND NOW AGAIN AFTER 7 DAYS IT'S NOT WORKIN
MESAAGE IS
LG MEANS "LAG GAYI"

S

sunnydiv

lol, i dont think opitical drives are ment to survive more than 1 year lol

mine 2 samsung got busted after warrenty
lets c how this sony goes

abhinav

Journeyman
WEll FIrST i also had that LG CD ROM but its life was only 6-7 month
actually it use to give some crk aavaj which made me to give it to warranty service but then it just went OFF

But then i got ASUS writer which ROCKS even after 2-1/2 years

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
My earlier Creative drive is performing well for 5 years now .. I have given it to my friend who had an LG drive which went dead after some 14 months ..

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but judging a brand from one or two positive or negative experience is not very realistic. To be able to label a product or a brand as 'good' or 'bad', one should look at the statistics from a large number of results.

For example, gauravsuneja, you were lucky to have a Samsung drive that served you well for so long. But there's an overwhelming amount of bad experiences with Samsung drives reported in Digit forums and elsewhere. Same thing with Maxtor HDDs although some people have been using them without any problem for several years.

S

sunnydiv

very right said pimpom

my maxtor , damn thing crapped on me, 60 and now 30 more GB corupted

pimpom said:
Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but judging a brand from one or two positive or negative experience is not very realistic. To be able to label a product or a brand as 'good' or 'bad', one should look at the statistics from a large number of results.

Well said. BUT don't believe statistics from a PC dealer. They're just trying to pass off products with best margins.

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
lol hahaha well my 2 Samsung drives having a tray problem
well bought a dvd rom so chucked out the cd rom(samsung) which had a tray problem
have a samsung cd writer gives me a tray problem too
i need to keep a cd in the drive otherwise the tray wont open
and recently bought liteon DVD rom too giving the same problem have to keep a cd inside it
wonder where the ODD's are headed for :shock:

Biplav

In the zone
i think nearly 90% of samsung cd rom/cdrw buyers suffer from the tray problem.
it is no doubt one of the most common problem with samsung.
i had a samsung cd rom too which i had to push several times to get the cd locked in (my cd tray would come out automatically)
i got a lg dvd now and till now it has not given any problem(from nov2004)

Sourabh

Laptoping
devilhead_satish said:
I have a Samsung DVD ROM and it has served me flawlessly over the past one year. BTW LG makes some good CRT's. I use it and i like it.

be prepared for the tray problem in ur DVD ROM soon

ur grace period has ended!!

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
i too have seen as LG drives being ranked quite low to others but my LG writer is working fine even after 2.5 years ... nd i have seen the same case with very "few" samsung drives ...

so in a nutshell in optical drives segment every brand is more or less same ... so its our luck that favors!!!! one brand's disk will work fine in one pc for 2 years and the same drive will crack up in another pc after 2/3 months!!!

Biplav

In the zone
i compared my dvd drive with a friends samsung dvd. and i found that the copying of files takes much less time in my lg drive.
ofcurse there can be other reasons relating to speed set by the os but i personally would advice ppl not 2 go 4 samsung. the tray problem is a headache.

Ankit

Journeyman
though i am not a big supporter of samsung...but their service is definitely good....that's why their products give you more problem or vice versa..lol...
my samsung cdR/w is running satisfactorily from last 2.5 years..recemntly purchased liteon dvd drive is giving problems...sasmung may be having tray problems(not with me)...but their lens is good...

Biplav

In the zone
samsung lens is just gr8(no denying it) -even though i dont like samsung optical drives.
but honestly speakin tray problem might not be all that big a problem but it surely is a all-the-time-biting bug

rohanbee

Padawan
If you ask me, i think buying these drives has become like buying Tomatos and Potatoes............

Some are good :) yet some are bad :cry: and you just can't help it. And since the prices have hit rock bottom no manufacturer (samsung, Lg or any other) cares about the quality ..........................only quantity rules the market.

Just pray that you are delt the right piece or have a good re-seller who can replace the spoit one.

Samsung is quite good at that and has got a good after market service at least that has been my experience..............mostly :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom