domain + wordpress

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashfame

Padawan
I have a blog on blogger right now. I am thinking of buying a .com domain for me (godaddy.com) and free hosting for now (frihost) and setting up a wordpress blog. So please tell me every step. I don't know anything about all this.
and i would like to transfer previous posts if i can safely do that.
pl help (step by step)

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Godaddy is good, as with our chat over IM, it seems that you are really interested on Godaddy, so, here is a basic concept one would need with godaddy + FriHost !!!

To Start with Booking one domain,

You may follow this basic guide on Godaddy Registration !!!

*www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PxuKLpc074

Now after you have purchased the domain, wait for few hours (max 2 hours) to get the domain active !!!

So after the domain is active, let do the steps to get it hosted with frihost.com !!!

So, 1st hope you have one active account with FriHost... if you do, then at godaddy, log in to your control panel, now take your mouse to Domains, then My domain names,

*img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/503bd558c0.jpg

It will display all domains under your account, (in my case as i have many, therefore all are displayed)

*img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/th.b0643a6d16.jpg

Click on your domain name to come to the control panel location from where you may edit Settings, for that domain...

Now at next panel, Click on the button which says Name Server

*img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/th.dd200be114.jpg

Now at next page, Change them to, FirHost Given ones,

Name Server 1 ns1.frih.net
Name Server 2 ns2.frih.net

*img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/th.27c8fa99d7.jpg

You are done at Godaddy,

Settings may take up to 72 hours to get change, so, use service like, *www.dsnreport.com to test whether you can see the reflection or not, how ever with Indian ISP it may take 12hours, so wait a long at-least of 6 hours before going to next step...

After you see that DNS settings are update and refleting proceed to the next step..

Log in to the DirectAdmin as that is the panle they provide, *216.32.85.170:2222/ , there Click Domain Administration,

*img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/th.279d7cfae2.jpg

Now there Click Add new domain,

*img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/75cbc2f04f.jpg

On the next page enter your domain name in the format, like, yourdomain.com without WWW !!!! and Click Create !!!

*img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/5e61680ecf.jpg

You are done !!! Now you have purchased a domain name and parked at FriHost hosting for use !!!

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Nice Tutorial by Choto Cheeta. Regarding transferring DNS to Godaddy. You can find a Video Tutorial at my website :)
*www.host4cheap.org/tutorials.php

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
even still though Ashish feels that we would be finw with godaddy, but still i feel that Godaddy is certainly not for begainers, their user interface is meesed up by too much ads of their services... :(

but as he pointed out he would be doing this only once :p

I guess this is the Link about which Shukhdeb is talking about, *www.host4cheap.org/tutorials/dns/dns_godaddy.html

Last edited:

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
My first preference is Namecheap...............the panel rocks......the support is awesome...just no complaints

For me...Godaddy just sucks :p Yes thats full URL to Godaddy tutorial. I just gave to entire page so he can have full look :) Thanks Saurav

PS : My name Sukhdeep and not Shukhdeb :lol:

Last edited:

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
PS : My name Sukhdeep and not Shukhdeb

Sorry frnd :( misspelled :p

Why Didnt u use some space in that user name ??

sukhdeep sing hkohli

My first preference is Namecheap...............the panel rocks......

I suggest for next domain registration try Yahoo for a change :D as when talking about ease of use, u must try yahoo for once :D

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Choto Cheeta said:
Sorry frnd :( misspelled :p

Why Didnt u use some space in that user name ??

sukhdeep sing hkohli

I suggest for next domain registration try Yahoo for a change :D as when talking about ease of use, u must try yahoo for once :D

Okie, Maybe its time to talk to Rabbo :lol:

Yahoo...maybe next time :)

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Yahoo...maybe next time

One down side I should notify u about, is Melborn IT takes 5days to innitiate domain registrant transfer compairing with others where they do it instantlly :(

apart from that the service is good :) support too...

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Few Namecheap and Godaddy coupons so others can save some money

Godaddy
--------------------------------
Code gdm0613b
Saving: 15% *
Domains: .com .net .org . .mobi .name .biz .us .tv .ws

You can lock in these savings for up to 10 years.

Offer ends: July 9th 2007 at Midnight (Pacific Time).
----------------------------------------------------------------
Code:gdbb776
Wwill knock 10% off for Go Daddy registrations

Namecheap
June:
JUNEBUGZ is for $7.98 registrations at Namecheap
July
COUPON:bottlerocket

OP
ashfame

ashfame

Padawan
i am confused with which registrar to go for!
i have heard that namecheap offers a few features more and has good support over godaddy.
Kindly help guys!
I am only left with a few days to buy a domain, get it hosted on frihost and setup a wordpress blog.
Help on yahoo or msn or gtalk will be appreciated.
MY IDS:
yahoo - nfsmwdriver
gtalk - ashishsainiashfame@gmail.com
msn - ashfame@hotmail.com

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Well, do what ever you feel right, as on our chat you said u would b paying with Paypal, then Godaddy or NameCheap would be good, but if u have payment option with Credit Card, then u may consider Yahoo, my FAV :D

Note, it really doesnt matter which registrar you chose, as these (Godaddy/NameCheap/Melborn IT (Yahoo)) they are all major player with great service...

it just the easy navigation that Yahoo or NameCheap provides that to me puts the ahead of Godaddy... !!!

How ever did u watched that video ?? as it should give u an idea whether u should go with godaddy or not... !!!!

OP
ashfame

ashfame

Padawan
well, navjyot came online and helped me on each step.
finally got www.ashfame.com for 7.17$ (navjyot gave me a coupon code)
i have done all the settings in godaddy.com till now

yes i watched da video, alrdy knw what to do where, thanks a lot for ur effort

help on requesting a account on frihost!
it is asking for subdomain : _______ .frih.net
pl help

Last edited:

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Choto Cheeta said:
Well, do what ever you feel right, as on our chat you said u would b paying with Paypal, then Godaddy or NameCheap would be good, but if u have payment option with Credit Card, then u may consider Yahoo, my FAV :D

Note, it really doesnt matter which registrar you chose, as these (Godaddy/NameCheap/Melborn IT (Yahoo)) they are all major player with great service...

it just the easy navigation that Yahoo or NameCheap provides that to me puts the ahead of Godaddy... !!!

How ever did u watched that video ?? as it should give u an idea whether u should go with godaddy or not... !!!!
Ya! i had a small chat with him too. Me too linked him to my Tutorial videos to get a clear idea of control panel.
ashfame said:
finally got www.ashfame.com for 7.17$ (navjyot gave me a coupon code)

BTW the code i gave you for 6.95$ price - didnt that work ? Anywayz congrats for your site Ashish:)

ashfame said:
help on requesting a account on frihost!
it is asking for subdomain : _______ .frih.net
pl help
Get any subdomain and once you get Login details for Control Panel....watch this video for rest :)

*img294.imageshack.us/my.php?image=diradmehaddeddomainsco3.swf&width=800

Last edited:
OP
ashfame

ashfame

Padawan
sukhdeepsinghkohli said:
BTW the code i gave you for 6.95$ price - didnt that work ? Anywayz congrats for your site Ashish:)
Get any subdomain and once you get Login details for Control Panel....watch this video for rest :)
*img294.imageshack.us/my.php?image=diradmehaddeddomainsco3.swf&width=800
I didnt try ur code, thanks anyway!

SCENARIO SO FAR!

I got www.ashfame.com and wish to blog on sub-domain blog.ashfame.com
Frihost rejected my request saying quality posts required, leave them for now!

I have come across some hosting services that neither force ads nor requires you to be active on their forum. But they are low on bandwidth. How much do i want? At present my stats are (for 26days)
unique visits - 909
total visits - 1219
I can go upto thrice its value easily when i will blog on new blog now!
So how much bandwidth will be required? Any Idea!
When I will shift to new host what will be done with my uploaded file on the server?
Visit: FreeHostia
*freehostia.com/free_hosting.html
(Click above to go to this free web site hosting service.)
Interests: Personal, Business.
Free Web Space: 250 MB.
Forced Ads: No ads (bannerless).
Your Ads: Allowed.
Upload: FTP, Browser.
Editor: Basic.
Scripting: CGI, PHP, SSI, FrontPage Extensions, Perl.
Pre-Scripts: Script collection.
Your URL: Top-level domain name, or Subdomain.
Other Features:

* Bandwidth limit 5,000 MB/month.
* POP3, Forwarding, Web-based Email.
* Autoresponders.
* SpamAssassin.
* MySQL database.
* Addon domains.
* Statistics.
* Elefante installer.
* Instant activation.
* File size limit 500 KB.
* 30-days Inactivity limit.
* Custom error pages.

Visit: LeadHoster
*www.leadhoster.com/
(Click above to go to this free web site hosting service.)
Interests: Personal, Business.
Free Web Space: 250 MB.
Forced Ads: No ads (bannerless).
Your Ads: Allowed.
Upload: FTP, Browser.
Editor: Basic.
Scripting: CGI, PHP, SSI, FrontPage Extensions, Perl.
Pre-Scripts: -
Your URL: Top-level domain name, or Subdomain.
Other Features:

* Bandwidth limit 6,000 MB/month.
* Website control panel.
* POP3, IMAP, Web-based Email, autoresponders, spam filters.
* MySQL database.
* Addon domains.
* Web site traffic statistics.
* File size limit 500 KB.
* Instant account activation of free web space sites.

Pl help

Last edited:

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
I have never tried any of those, as I have said to you in our previous IM Chat session that its hard to stay with one free hosting service for a long time, free host is very good, but you have to work hard to get ur account...

Personally i have used these 2 service previouslly,

1. Mihopa >> *mihopa.net/forums/

Unlimited Bandwidth, and frndly hosting so if u are using more that alocated disk space, they dont mind :p, I fav Free Host over the years, also it was my 1st free hosting service... :) Major down side is, too much of Down Time

2. DX-T Hosting >> *www.dx-t.net/forums/index.php?

Good over all feature, Problem is same like Free Host hard to get that hosting and you have to post a loot at their forum...

So tell you some thing, with free hosting, its you who have to try and learn whats best for ur self, we can only suggest some options... !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom