Domain Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

himtuna

Journeyman
Hi Eeryone
I am fed up with my school's website.
They are stuck with a pathetic webhost. He has forwarded our school domain to a crap site. And is not listing.
It has been over a year . Now I am taking the responsiblity to manage the site and the first thing that I want to do is CHANGE THE WEBHOST.
1) How do I get the full control of domain and transfer it to my godaddy account.
I dont wanna login to his system to change teh records.
2) How do I buy a edu or edu.in for my school (want to change the site name also)

And is there any place where I can file a case against that webhost ( He is an Indiain webhost), any govt authority, agency..?

Sparsh007

Formerly Spashy
1.First of all you need to know where the domain is placed currently(registrar)(You need id and password with which it was registered).After that you need to request them to transfer it yr godaddy account which will cost you around 7$ with which you will get Free who is privacy and 1 year extension.
2.You can do that at many places just google it

I think you can complain to the consumer forum(not sure)

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Well, before filing any lawsuit, see the terms and conditions of his service first. Did he agree that your school will get the ownership of the domain? Many service providers have this bad habit, they want to get the control over a domain.

Moreover, I don't think any individual can register .edu or .edu.in domains. But you can go for .org domains of you wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom