Does Zidane deserve the Golden Ball?

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fayis

vote for zidane..

I found this link on net.. friends, please vote in favour of zidane... let zidane win in every place...

*www.fifa.urega.com/zidane.aspx

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
I think he does actually. If that idiot had abused my mother I would have punched him in the face myself.

Even that Italian agreed that Zidane just said "If you want my shirt so badly, I'll give it to you after the match" - which I felt was very funny and witty, and cannot be an excuse for abusing filthily.

Zidane got his red card, missed a chance to help France win the world cup, was not allowed to collect his silver medal... I think that's punishment enough for a headbutt in retaliation to filthy language.

I watched every match, and no single player (except for Cannavaro) impressed me as much as Zidane did, he's just a magician with the ball, and none of the attitude that stars like the Brazillians have and none of the slyness that Christiano Ronaldo has... he WAS really the best player at the cup, so taking that away for a red card is silly!

Raaabo

PrinceHeart

In the zone
I also had seen every match.. and once there was David Becham... or whatever the name spells.. When he had his 1st free-kick shot and i was saying, he can't be that good. But he indeed changed that free-kick into a GOAL, which was really a good shot to look and comment on.

But ofcourse - Zinadin Zidane.. he did deserve the Golden Ball and even with his red card in his final international match, he got it. So everyone can just imagine how truly magnificant is that player.

peace

mukul

Journeyman
ya zizou played awsome...
exceept for his and henry's silent hatred ....france play has been gud...
his play was always bright ...i m his huge fan.........ya he deserved golden ball......voted for him!!!

but ARGENTINA.....my team....my precious.....(plz dont mess on this)

Blended Pain

Right off the assembly line
Was he right in hitting him ? No. Simply put, he's a pro, one of the best, everybody abuses and provokes, every single match. Zizou only let the pressure get to him, that's all.

Does he deserve the golden ball ? The way he played this world cup, ofcourse.

Though France would've done better, probably won the cup if you ask me, if he hadn't done it, you really can't deny the way he played this time.
But thank god he did that, France lost and my second favourite team won the cup! The best part about it? Italy's penalty-curse is finally lifted!

anispace

dattebayo
The sanitation of football continues apace: now, it seems, even verbal provocation is unacceptable, after Fifa today banned Marco Materazzi for two matches for his part in Zinedine Zidane's infamous sending-off during the World Cup final.

Zidane's violent conduct inevitably produced a three-match suspension, which will come into effect should he come out of retirement, while he was also fined 7500 Swiss francs (£3260). Materazzi is 5000 Swiss francs (£2170) worse off.

While Materazzi admitted abusing Zidane, who retaliated with a vicious chestbutt, his suspension sets a dangerous precedent with regard to verbal provocation, which has hitherto been perceived as part and parcel of a man's game.

"In both of the players statements, the two players expressed regret over the incidents and presented their excuses to Fifa and the football community over what had happened," said the spokesman Andreas Herren. "They both stressed in statements that the verbal provocation was of an insulting nature but not - and I stress - of any racist nature."

In punishing Materazzi so strictly for the mundane sporting offence of "insulting" comments, Fifa has defenestrated norms and mores that have been part of football's fabric since time immemorial. And in doing so, they would appear to have opened a Pandora's Box: is sledging now banned? If not, what did Materazzi say that was so insulting as to demand punishment? Where is the line drawn? How can a line be drawn in an area that intrinsically produces the greyest shades?

Materazzi may be piqued at the decision, or he may see it as a blessing in disguise: depending on any unscheduled friendlies, it means he may miss the rematch between France and Italy in Paris on September 6.

Zidane, for his part, will not be stripped of the Golden Ball he was awarded as the player of the tournament. "It was not even discussed," said Herren, with a forthrightness that could easily be construed as confirming Fifa's subscription to the prevalent mood of Zidane's victimhood. In doing so, and in hitting Materazzi so hard, Fifa has tweaked the footballing landscape in a way that could have significant repercussions.

*football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,1825192,00.html

freakanomics

Broken In
why not? After all, zizou has been the best player in international football for almost a decade. He deserves respect, and i think Materazzi didn't know it. In my opinion, materazzi really deserved the headbutt and zizou really deserved the golden ball......

Brave_Hunt

Journeyman
Well in my opinion he single handadly (or foot whatever:lol:) took his team to the final It can be a matter to be argue whether It was correct or not what he did in final but that's a diffrent topic. He contributed nicly for his team through out the world cup he definetely deserves the GOLDEN ball. I vote for him.

LegendKiller

In the zone
nopes sorry,not because of that silly "head-butt" incident,but simply because other players like cannavaro played better.
Zidane got the ball b'coz of his reputation and good name.

And as for head-butting incident the one who provokes should be punished and not the one replies.

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
If Zidane was insulted then I completely support him. Anyone would have done what he did.

For all those italy supporters who want Zidane Penalised, think yourself in that position as Raabo has.

Aditya

PrinceHeart

In the zone
He got a red card for his behavior in the field - LIVE football game, which is not allowed, according to the referees. That's All. That doesn't mean hes a bad player. And for his good sportmanship he got the golden ball. I cheered for him. Im sure everyone else here did that too !!!

Why are we still talking about zidane.. he may already be back home and polishing his golden ball everyday.

mAYHEM

Journeyman
YUP he deserves it.Or he deseves a Golden Helmet,Bcoz his skills with head were better than feet:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom