does uploading increase download speed (torrents)

Status
Not open for further replies.

madmoody

Broken In
Hey friends...
i want to know whether uploading while using torrents the download speed increases gradually or not???
since the download commpletes well b4 the upload
i use utorrent
Suggestions plz.....:idea:

Vyasram

The pWnster
no , but most software like azureus keep 5 KBps or so as the minimum upload speed to get full d'load speed.... just to prevent leechers

so , always keep the upload speed at 5KBps or more

btw, see my sig, why leech ???

goobimama

 Macboy
Upload matters when you are using a private tracker (like say hdbits.org). You need to have an account there and a minimum share ratio of 0.4 (that is, I download 1GB, I must upload at least 400MB and so on...). The higher ratio you have, the better speeds you will get. Fall below 0.4 and you get deleted.

But you don't have a problem when it comes to Mininova.org....though utorrent does restrict download if you keep you max upload speed below a certain level.

OP
M

madmoody

Broken In
hey friends..
just tell me whether ther is any tracker with the help os which downloading speed increases while uploading..and plz..send me invitation if its private tracker thankss...:?:

anonymusneo

Journeyman
yes uploading depends on your downloading speed..

e.g
i got a 75kbps connection

my avg download speed is 10kbps

so inorder to get 10 or more i set my upload speed as 4-5kbps
if i set upload to 0 . my download speed drops to 6 kbps :(

OP
M

madmoody

Broken In
How Bout Azereus?????
is it better...just tell me a torrent program with help of which my download speed will increase even if i upoload only 50% of the total file size...
plz guide me

eddie

El mooooo
Uploading after the download has been completed (or in other words "seeding") will NOT increase the speed of your other downloads but uploading at a decent speed while you are downloading does help for THAT PARTICULAR DOWNLOAD.

What happens is that most of the good torrent clients like Azureus, utorrent etc. start choking clients that are just downloading and not uploading too well. If you don't upload while you are downloading then you will be choked by other peers. If the number of peers for the torrent is limited then slowly but surely you will be choked by almost all of them hence reducing your own download speeds. Then the only way to get unchoked is to upload well :)

Seeding or the upload that you do after you have completed your downloads will not help your other downloads but it is the ethical thing to do.

goobimama

 Macboy
I don't know why people don't want to upload. Its not like it affects the download speed. At least not in a major way. I love to seed...

kumarmohit

Technomancer
The reasons that people in India in genral not prefer to upload/seed is first because of the crappy connections and second the misconception that the PC should not be run beyond a certain timeframe per day. If the bandwidth problem gets sorted almost every one with decent amount of knowledge about computers will start uploading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom