Does the board of video card make a difference ... ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

neo_the_one

Broken In
Actually i bought a GeForce FX 5900 card for 15K bucks ... the board is Xine and the same GPU on ASUS board costs around 32K bucks .. !!! ... Will there b any performance issue with the difference that of the nvidia GPU resides? Why there is this much price diff.? (nearly duoble) ...

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
it is difficult 4 me 2 comment on the performance but the price difference is bcoz asus is a well known brand and their products generally tend 2 b of a superior quality....generally not always.....btw, ive never heard of xine and maybe is a lesser known brand so it is cheaper...plus, asus always bundles some goodies with its cards like games, software, and at times 3d goggles (i dont know if they still do it)...so that is y there is aprice difference

G

gxsaurav

it doesn't matter, the asus costs more cos they bundle real softwares which costs in doller, like Power DVD which costs $50

theraven

Technomancer
well nemesis shot in the dark ... and he got it right ...
its just abt the market and the brand game
ofcourse here brand means ... asus => better quality components and board ,heatsink etc.
and xine => unknown , cheap quality components
im sure "XINE" mustve made some other ... "compromises" to make the prices that less

theraven

Technomancer
hell yeah
but cmon dude u have to if u want quality
i mean id pick even PINE over XINE
lol
that too cuz ive atleast heard of pine ...
( dont get me wrong id pick neither EVER !!)

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
@neo_the_one: U must be talking abt Pine.....The 5900 u got is a underclocked version of the 5900 card. Its christened the 5900XT. Personally i wud have gone for a 9800pro with a 15k budget, but then since u have already got the card it doesnt matter.
Well the cost difference is sometimes due to the quality of the add-in boards, quality of the components, and the software bundle ! All of these go towards adding to the final cost. For eg: A asus fx5200 costs 4k upwards but comes with a good software bundle with 2 full games and a dvd software, the xfx F5200 retails @ 3.2k and comes with only a driver cd and a measly manual.

@Raven: Pine manufactures XFX brand cards, and the 6800 series frm them has among the best price/performance ratio currently. XFX has started gaining a lot of popularity since the 6XXX series.

theraven

Technomancer
YEAH ??
PINE is actually good ??
man the first time someone told me abt pine was like a yr back or something .. and i was like "what cr@p" lol
that time ofcourse everything was ASUS for me ...
now only MOBOS are ASUS for me ...
i thot their quality wasnt that good ... and they make the cheaper end cards ...
damn .... anyways ... next uprade is gonna be pretty high end .. on the lines of 6800's but im quite sure ill be going in for an asus ...
as ppl have said ... the software bundle , cables , features are awesome as i have checked
and i quote myself again as once before ... with the new high end cards asus has redeemed itself ... might not be the best in the market .. but they are doing better than their fx series now ...

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
:) yep thats true raven..........things happen fast in the Gfx industry. Actually ppl these days care less abt bundled software and stuff and more abt the price/performance ration, hence brands like Club3d, XFX, Ennyah, etc are finding favour among gamers. Consider this the XFX 6800GT costs 25k while the Asus 6800GT costs arnd 34k easily, 10k more and the xfx one beats the asus card by a itsy bitsy margin ! :)

theraven

Technomancer
:D ...
thats a very good point ...
never thot of it that way
damn its been soo long since i bought a gfx card ... abt time
thanx @blade for the update :D

OP
N

neo_the_one

Broken In
sorry i've typographical error in mentioning of the company .. it is PINE only not XINE ... i have confused it with the XINE player in linux ... anyhave thanks for clarifying d doubts ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom