does playing songs consume more battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saharika

In the zone
i have L7 sliver motorola set
i am bit confused...

i have some songs in my mobiles..which i play some time in day...

does playing songs or watching video consumes extra battery or battery need to be recharged early...
ir its just same like operating mobile...with our playing music/video...

any help

by the way does Moto L7 supports mp4... and other video format than og3 ..if yes what i have to do for it....any extra players...ir any things
i have 128 m card

OP
S

Saharika

In the zone
well..about memory ..it doesnt matter as i can delete files well i was asking about battery as some times if battery runs out will be problem ...as noone can call you...
it seems that if i can play the songs any how i can go for a day....
and what about second question

thanks for answers..

and by the way i was surfing some sites
what is main diff between polyphonic and monophonic...
is it just quality..may be main ones..

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
haan but the topic deals with battery ... btw way good to c back pathiks ... how were the exams

Pathik

Google Bot
@ saharika... i was talking abt RAM... not phone memory....
@mav exams sucked.... kt here i come.... how wer urs??????

Last edited:
OP
S

Saharika

In the zone
pathiks said:
@ saharika... i was talking abt RAM... not phone memory....
@mav exams sucked.... kt here i come.... how wer urs??????
normally when i am listening songs i donot use other things so i not the big problem i guess any way

by the way does Moto L7 supports mp4... and other video format than og3 ..if yes what i have to do for it....any extra players...ir any things
i have 128 m card
and
what is main diff between polyphonic and monophonic...
is it just quality..may be main ones..

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
Yeah it does drain out memory much more faster thn normal use...but if u have music mode like in walkman series tht does help in reducing the battery consumption.

K

krazyfrog

Whenever the phone's processor is put under stress, more battery is consumed. Playing music/video is a processor intensive activity compared to regular menu browsing. Thats why the processor consumes more power to offset the extra load put on it. Battery usage is highest when one is using any one of the built-in radio units (like for calling, gprs, bluetooth, wi-fi, fm). There are different radio units for the above mentioned functions inside the phone. Compared to that playing music/video is very less battery consuming. Usage of Java apps particularly uses more battery.
L7 can play 3gp, mp4(in 176x144 resolution, 15 fps), mp3, aac by default. Other formats like ogg are not supported. You cannot add extra players since it does not support additional software.

For more info on polyphonic and monophonic ringtones, i suggest you check out wikipedia.

OP
S

Saharika

In the zone
i do have 512 mb external memory installed..so i cannot install any software...
and i cannot tweak or get software to play other formats..
many people are doing so with other phones

by the way does playing song effect life of mobile and battery?

K

krazyfrog

NO YOU CANNOT install additional players. The 'other phones' you are referring to are smartphones. They have an operating system like a pc which allows them to install additional players to playback formats which are not natively supported by the device. YOUR CELL IS NOT A SMARTPHONE! So thats why you cannot install additional software. And for the LAST TIME, playing music/video DOES increase battery consumption. But it DOES NOT decrease phone life.

enticer86

Stay Silent!
yaar another way to go is let the fone do wht it is meant fr.. lik i m a hardcore music fan so i thot y to screw my 7610- i gt an ipod instead...
bt if u listen to just a few files daily then use ur cell only...that ways the bttry isnt burdened

OP
S

Saharika

In the zone
i have one photo in one folder in my pictures folder of my l7 mobile(memory card)
will i be able to password protect it
a whole folder loaded in memory...
may be using some codes...
is it possible in l7 phones

giving view access of that picture folder to who has code may be or password with out locking the whole mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom