Does P5B dlx support 4.1creative speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
I tried connecting the speakers & the soundmax hardware wizard pop up & tell me various option I connect using one of them, green jack in green & black jack in black, but thesound in rear speakers does not work, I even tested it with wizard test but it does not have sound in rear speakers.

Do I have to install creative card (live value) & its driver to get my sound or onboard can work, may be I am doing some wrong setting.

After reboot I connected the sound jack in creative card but NO SOUND heard, can sound max run the creative sound or do install the creative driver separately?
I have set the sound device as Creative live value in sound properties.

Last edited:
OP
R

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
2nd update
I removed Sound max driver & disabled the on board sound.
Then I installed creative drivers & all now working fine, but I need to have front panel headphone plugs working for voice chat on yahoo & gtalk & I guess for that I need to have on board sound enabled too else they wont work.

How do I get the front (cabinet) audio port working , can I have both enabled onboard & creative separate drivers & hardware without each other clashing for the same resources?

Need some help!
You & Ch@os have been extremely helpful in getting me this system running, its not fully done yet but I am just building it piece by piece & both of you have been quite instrumental. Today being sunday I just the system running 70% still waiting to get the 800 RAM.

Nice to have such buddies who have good solid knowledge of what they are talking.

Last edited:

shantanu

Technomancer
You must be having Aux pin port on your card ,, you need to buy a Aux cable count your pins and then buy a cable of match.. AND if your cab. cable matches then plug it ..but you need to post a pic or tell the correct order of your cable connecters here

OP
R

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
If you are using dedicated sound card why do you want the front jack, just for better ergonomics I guess. Otherwise you can connect your headphones/mic at the back as well.
Bcoz if the head phone is connected at back my creative speakers dont work (need to unplug) only 1 works at a time & its quite frustating to plug & unplug 10 times a day. Ifthe front plugs work then creative speakers get unplugged automatically as I insert the plug, thats what I want.

Ram both sticks are now borrowed, actually I have few generous friends:D:D, who recentely bought systems having 667 ram, another one is going out to USA for few days so got the ram from him as his system can work with left over 1 GB. Tomorrow I am going to NP hope to find the ram if not then I am getting the other one from abroad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom