Does NERO causing "Power calibration" problem ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayushman9

Journeyman
2 months ago , when i was going to write a dvd, using Sony AW-170A or something like that , nero showed "Power calibration" problem , and no other burning program was working also . As still 2 months of warranty was left ,so i gave it to the dealer ,who gave it to RPtech and then i got it after 3 days ,and it was working fine .
After about say 7 to 12 days later and about 5 dvd's ,1 DVD-rw write session ,Nero again showed the problem . I again gave it to the dealer and Yesterday He replaced the DVD-RW with another model AD-7200A ,but he told me that now only 15 days of warranty is left from your original purchase and only that will count . Now if any goes wrong then i have to buy a new writer.

I have not fixed the new writer in my PC ,lest something happen .Can you please tell me what precaution should i take so that this may not happen again or is it Completely a manufacturer fault ?

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
There might be a problem with the SMPS which is not giving proper supply to the devices. If you can, use your burner on your friends PC for few days and check it out.

OP
ayushman9

ayushman9

Journeyman
There might be a problem with the SMPS which is not giving proper supply to the devices. If you can, use your burner on your friends PC for few days and check it out.

actually most of my friends own laptop and by the way i had been using the burner for say atleast 10month or so .If SMPS had been guilty then it would have shown and result would also have hown in other devices like HD .Also now i have got a BRAND NEW burner and i just want to play it safe.

And ya in the previous cases only the writing capabilities was being hampered not reading .The burner could read the disc efficiently ,only during writing did it was failing.

narangz

Web developer
This problem, in most cases, is caused by:
1. Insufficient power supply to the DVD-RW drive. Your SMPS is the culprit here.
2. Bad/faulty media. Try some other media. If the problem persists try some other brand.
3. Dirty/faulty DVD-RW drive lens. Clean it & try writing again. I prefer cleaning the lens by opening up the drive instead of using lens cleaning CDs as they damage the lens.

acewin

Point Blanc
This problem, in most cases, is caused by:
1. Insufficient power supply to the DVD-RW drive. Your SMPS is the culprit here.
2. Bad/faulty media. Try some other media. If the problem persists try some other brand.
3. Dirty/faulty DVD-RW drive lens. Clean it & try writing again. I prefer cleaning the lens by opening up the drive instead of using lens cleaning CDs as they damage the lens.

for most of the part correct but, cleaning lens in a new burner. ??

Try testing with any other SMPS. Really putting and trying it in a friend's system is recommended. otherwise how can you get a new SMPS to test this.

My personal opinion, I do not know what is with nero. You really get absurd problem these days. I am facing this since last 7 months.
I have changed to Roxio Easy Media Creator.

OP
ayushman9

ayushman9

Journeyman
I think SMPS problem is correct ,as i have a sort of voltage fluctuation problem in my household ,though i use UPS and a steady voltage is maintained . Do you recommend changing SMPS or simply the power cable joining burner to internel power supply . I can do both

Also sometimes when i change the media ,writing happens (ONLY SOMETIMES) ,now a bad media is just a chance of luck .Which media do you reccomend .Here the local disc come at RS 15 a piece .

narangz

Web developer
for most of the part correct but, cleaning lens in a new burner. ??

They repair it & don't give a new one to you. Even if you get a replacement it's most probably the refurbished one.

I think SMPS problem is correct ,as i have a sort of voltage fluctuation problem in my household ,though i use UPS and a steady voltage is maintained . Do you recommend changing SMPS or simply the power cable joining burner to internel power supply . I can do both

Also sometimes when i change the media ,writing happens (ONLY SOMETIMES) ,now a bad media is just a chance of luck .Which media do you reccomend .Here the local disc come at RS 15 a piece .

Try various brands. A Samsung DVD/RW disc is causing the same problem on my drive (it's the same model). I prefer Sony but it's just the case of presonal preference. 15 bucks for local/unbranded discs is pretty high price. I buy Sony DVD-R/+R for 14-15 bucks (without case)

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
In my case, I just disabled the "IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service" which always runs in the background in XP, and this error went away.

ajaybc

Youngling
I had the same problem with my old PC.I think this occurs because of insufficient power.I had connected an additional fan to the same molex power connector which powered my DVD writer.
After removing that the writer was working all right

OP
ayushman9

ayushman9

Journeyman
I had the same problem with my old PC.I think this occurs because of insufficient power.I had connected an additional fan to the same molex power connector which powered my DVD writer.
After removing that the writer was working all right

right right i was using a cable which was joined in one connector to an external fan .I used another cable without any connector to other devices and it is working fine. For added security i am leaving nero and switching to roxio

acewin

Point Blanc
burn @12x if you on the 16x burner, and 8x on 8x lappy burners that is what I follow.
though I hve burned on 16x also, my moserbaer DVDs without any issues.

Interestingly when I hd burned things a year back there were no issues, but recent times I am always facing issues in my burner when tried with nero.
And I do not really understand how DMA gets reset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom