Does my PC have RCA composite input

Rajesh345

Youngling
I am planning to upgrade my current 2.0 JBL speaker. Which served me for around 7+years. To a cheap 5.1 setup, But while browsing flipkart I found some of the speakers says needs RCAw connection to connect speaker to system unit
My motherboard : m5a97 r2.0
Speaker I checked in flipkart : Creative SBS A520 5.1 Channel Multimedia Speakers (Requires RCA Composite Input

Nerevarine

Incarnate
PCs usually have 3 3.5 mm audio jacks in the back, color coded as red, blue and green..
each of these jacks carry two signals and a ground pin.. These two signals are split and go to the subwoofer to power the left and right speaker of that particular port
the green one powers the front left and front right speaker
Blue powers back left and back right speakers
red powers subwoofer and center speakers

If you have these 3 slots, check your soundcard settings if you have a 5.1 surround option.. if you do, then dont worry, your PC supports 5.1 surround

OP
R

Rajesh345

Youngling
Is there any good 5.1 spearker in 3-6K price range ?

Note :till now i am using JBL 2.0 spearker came with 7 year old pc , and i was fine with 2.0 , now planning to upgrade to enjoy surround sound

*www.asus.com/Motherboards/M5A97_R20/specifications/

OP
R

Rajesh345

Youngling
View attachment 14388

Is there any better spearker 5.1 in my budget [upto 6k]

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=14388&d=1400340659

Pref speaker with 2 year warrently

edit

*www.amazon.in/Creative-SBS-A520-sp...8&qid=1400341939&sr=1-1&keywords=5.1+speakers

is this speaker ok ? But amazon india dont mention if it is seller warrenty or Manufracture warrently

Last edited:
Top Bottom