Does my Cooler master 600 W SMPS need grounding ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Power_user_EX

Searching for Anti-Matter
Hi guys - Just want to ask a question about my PSU/SMPS.

I have Cooler master extreme 600W - PCAR PSU.

The thing that irritates me now and then is that the power cable that came with it did NOT have an earthing or grounding PIN in it.
It was just having 2 pins - the +ive and the -ive pins.

SO do i change my power cable having 3 pin socket or continue using the original cable having 2 pins ????

IS there any harm with 2 pin cable ?

PLZ reply as soon as possible!

mukherjee

Treatment in progress...
Hi guys - Just want to ask a question about my PSU/SMPS.

I have Cooler master extreme 600W - PCAR PSU.

The thing that irritates me now and then is that the power cable that came with it did NOT have an earthing or grounding PIN in it.
It was just having 2 pins - the +ive and the -ive pins.

SO do i change my power cable having 3 pin socket or continue using the original cable having 2 pins ????

IS there any harm with 2 pin cable ?

PLZ reply as soon as possible!

i dunno how it came to....but its ESSENTIAL to use a grounded connector for as vital as a component as an smps.
get it ASAP....and dont compute in the meanwhile...u cud b putting ur components...hell...evn ur life at risk...

channabasanna

In the zone
My CM 600W PSU has the same problem, the power cable supplied had no earthing Cable, so i used my old unused Power Cable, which is working fine.

ravishing

Right off the assembly line
damn even i bought a Cooler Master 500W Extreme Power Plus yesterday and it didn't have earth(grounding) pin. that irritated me a lot as well coz the thing costed a lot and now they dont even provide a proper cable with it. seems i have to stick back to old psu's cable. but will the local psu cable fit cooler master psu's backside point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom