Does Intel D102GGC2 MOBO has onboarb 5.1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi frnds,
Can any1 tell

Does Intel D102GGC2 MoBo has onboard 5.1? there are 3 pins as audio pins.

Can it be like that by doing some settings/changes in the audio s/w i.e. realtek High definetion audio the line in & mic pins be converted into line out for 5.1 Speakers....

I checked Intel's site but its not mentoined there...

paul_007

Padawan
yes it has 5.1 channel output

visit this link for specifications --- *www4.shopping.com/xPF-Intel_10PK_INTEL_D102GGC2L_MB

OP
R

return_of_vengeance

Journeyman
Can any1 help me out how shud i connect my 5.1 creative speakers with mobo output?
the problem is there r only 3 pins on mobo for audio, namely LINE IN, LINE OUT & MIC, i m confused s i have 3 pins of my spekers, where shud i insert those pins?

fire

Broken In
If u find out.Do let me know here.
Actually im facing the same prob. I've downloaded latest audio drivers from intel's site that play 5.1 audio during test but fail to do so while playing any song.

dissel

Cyborg Agent
yes...you can add 5.1 sound system in intel's latest boards....I have 2 PC which have D945 GTP and D945 GNT.....which use sigmatel Intel Audio Studio software/driver....

In Default mode (Stereo speakers for 2.1 setup) the rear 3 jacks are acting as

Pink-->Microphone
Green--->Line Out for speakers
Blue---> Line In

When you Select 5.1 Speakers by dropdown menu in the sound driver /Software (SigmaTel Intel Audio Studio) it become:

Pink-->Rear Surround
Green-->Front
Blue--->Center/Sub woofer

Besides this you can cofigure it for 4.1 and headphone mode also.

When you select 4.1 Mode

Pink--->Rear Surround
Green-->Front
Blue--->Line In

I don't know about Intel D102GGC2

fire

Broken In
As i've written, all speakers play during the demo done by software/driver, but fail to do so while playing any song.

OP
R

return_of_vengeance

Journeyman
@ FIRE
I THINK iNTEL IS MAKING US FOOLS.
tHEY TELLING THAT THE 3 PINS ARE RE-TASKABLE, BUT I TRIED ALL THINGS, EVEN DRIVERS & ALL BUT NEVER GOT 5.1 SOUND FROM MY MOBO....

Last edited:

fire

Broken In
Have u downloaded the latest sound drivers frm Intel Website. if yes , then u have to change the audio I/O to 6 Channel in the audio manager(the orange speaker icon at the right bottom of ur screen). then only u can listen to 5.1 channe. Also don't use, winamp. use either wm or power DVD.
About Pinnacle, it's worst, i bought it coz, i'd heard bout the features like, time shift, live TV pause etc. but they r also not workin.
there's no need to spend more money on pinnacle, just go 4 some other TV card with more features.

Last edited:

prateek_san

Phenom II X4 920 Owner
@return_of_vengeance
well just open ur damn sound manager from the notification area,and their is a speaker configurattion tab on the top of it,click on it ,it will have a drop down menu,from their slect 6 CH speaker ,it will give u 5.1 speaker system.....if u need more help i can upload pics.....and btw u don't need to install new drivers for switching to 5.1 that just as an information..... and also is system specs correct bout triple core ...haven't heard of it yet.....

OP
R

return_of_vengeance

Journeyman
hey i tried that; went to the Realtek high definition audio icon in notifications area & changed the 2.1 Speaker output to 5.1 but its of no use....i checked it even with my friends same mobo but got disappointed..... If u find d probe do inform me....till den i m just trying 4 it & i m thinking to buy the creative sound blaster 5.1 sound card , i can get it 4 1.2k bucks....is it a nice desicion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom