Does Integrated graphics mobo support DVI output

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulkit101

Broken In
I am planning to get a new config & plan to get Intel G965RY motherboard & samsung 940BW LCD. I wanted to know whether this motherboard would support DVI output from the samsung lcd.

I read at anandtech that none of the integrated graphics mobos have dvi port. Can anyone using it confirm. Will I be able to use DVI output with this mobo.

*www.anandtech.com/guides/showdoc.aspx?i=2888&p=2

I want to take a integrated graphics mobo only as dont plan to take a seperate graphics card. Please comment.

yeah many have it .. makes msi,asus with chipset matters..

as nvidia M2n-mx with 6150 on board has a dvi port and msi rs482-m2il has a dvi onboard.. for AMD ..

OP
P

pulkit101

Broken In
I want to know specifically for Intel G965 RY Mobo..whether this would support DVI output on Samsung 940BW LCD.

GO TO *www.intel.com/products/motherboard/DG965RY/index.htm

Last edited:
OP
P

pulkit101

Broken In
I have seen that link.... There is no mention of DVI on it ... so any users using RYCK please share their views...

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
The motherboard needs to have a DVI connector to support DVI output from what i see that mobo probably has analog VGA output connector.High end mobos from co's like asus ,msi etc have dvi connectors.You will have to buy one of these mobos or get this mobo and buy a graphics card with a DVI connector.

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
I dont know any mobo with onboard graphic having DVI output but I guess you can use a converter to get analog signal,940BW ships with such convertor so technically you can run this monitor using the converter but whats the point buying the monitor without a card which support wide screen.
Better buy normal LCD or go for cheaper card around Rs 4000/- atleast.

OP
P

pulkit101

Broken In
Techno Funky & Ranjan thanks for your views. I do want to buy a decent graphics card in the future.

What i can understand from your comments is tht with this mobo currently i would be able to get analog output using 940BW LCD.What i want to know is

1. Later when i get a graphics card with DVI output can I switch to DVI from analog?

2. Currently in the Analog output would i atleast get normal widescreen display or not ?

Please comment

shantanu

Technomancer
YEAH SURELY YOU CAN

you will get the widescreen display ..
can be possible that quality gets a little a little less but you will get

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
There will be no problem what so ever switching between digital and analog just a simple change of the cable so keep your dvi cable safe.

About the WS support on analog please go ahead there will be no problems you've got a new generation Onboard GPU it certainly supports WS.

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
pulkit101 said:
1. Later when i get a graphics card with DVI output can I switch to DVI from analog?

2. Currently in the Analog output would i atleast get normal widescreen display or not ?

Please comment

1. This monitor ships with analog to dvi convertor which fits on to your analog mobo, so yes you can remove the convertor plug it in DVI when u buy the card.

2. U will get w i d e s c r e e n , stretched display bcoz this monitor will require custom resolution of 1440x900 which mobo may not support it. So in effect you will have a analog display of 1024x768 or higher, stretched into 1440 x900 that is why I said better buy a graphic card along with it.

I am not aware if ur Intel G965RY motherboard support WS, if it does then u will not have the above problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom