Does freelancing really pay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zegulas

Traceur
Is freelancing really possible for a student like me?
I am doing FY BSc CS and I know C programming and have also made a website project using HTML for a student of TY BSc CS, which was approved BTW!

iinfi

mekalodu
depends on your ability to, both in your work and attracting people to your use what u have made.

din

Tribal Boy
Yes it pays.

Learn new things fast, work hard, always be honest and reliable, make things simple (KISS) and success will be there for you.

Good luck and God bless you my friend.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
It depends upon your skills. I don't think HTML(or XHTML) will pay enough. Learn at least one client-side scripting language, one server-side scripting and one database support MySQL. You already know an desktop application language.

These 4 basics should be enough to get you started.

And yeah, for web designing, you may need to sharpen your skill learning AJAX, action script, graphics design, etc. Else you may have to sub-contract it and pay heavily for it.

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
Web-designing is the often place where developers are in demand at large! so learn PHP, HTML, XHTML, DHTML, AJAX, JS, CSS (a must), MySQL.

You could also learn ASP and other things to make yourself an allrounder. But most ASP users are big companies so its not that required as PHP. PHP is most widely used by Freelancers. :)

OP
zegulas

zegulas

Traceur
Thanks a lot guys for your valuable information, I will surely do all that is mentioned above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom