Does a Graphics Card helps in video editing/mixing???

Status
Not open for further replies.

go4saket

Hello Friends! Wish you all a Very Happy Diwali!

I am using a P4 2.8 GHz. with a original Intel 865GBF Motherboard which has a integrated Graphics card. My machine also has a AGP slot to add an optional video card. As I have to do some video mixing/editing and then later on convert the final work to a VCD, do you really think a better Graphics card would enhance the final output.

Thank you.

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
rachitar is right - the gfx card has no effect on the edited video quality. The only effect a separate gfx card will have is that it will free up some of your system memory.

When you use onboard graphics, some of the system memory is allocated for display. If you have a limited amount of RAM, say 256MB, and you use 64MB for display, that leaves 192MB for the rest of the system.

If you use a graphics card, the system can use the whole 256MB for computing. This will make your editing work faster, e.g. when encoding AVI to mpeg. If you have 512MB or more, the speed difference will be quite small.

choudang

Padawan
yes.. GC helps to encode faster. nothing to do with editing.

*www.danasoft.com/sig/greatwarrior.jpg

OP
go4saket

go4saket

Thanks guys, but whenever I use Pinnacle and give it a command to finalize the project, it gives me a message that it is checking the capture board for output quality. What is this all about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom