Status
Not open for further replies.

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
Do you use Office2007 or 2003 ? ..

Office 2007 ... SUX :( .. Disgusting

Do you use Office2007 or 2003 ?
.. wat crap is 2007.. Is has the most disgusting menu I have ever used :-x

I was just using the word .. and cant find change case ..!! wat the crap is this 2007. in 2003 it was so simple then .. format>change case ..

I got addicted to Office2003 Lite (73MB) edition that I never installed the 2007,
now that some1 mailed be the .xlsx file so had to install it.

people call it Ribbon .. aaaaaaah .. I cant find any thing on it. what the hell it is. Can I get the 2003 look back plz. . or I install the OpenOffice.

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
^^ dood it is the most critically acclaimed MS product people have hated vista but office 2k7 is a unanimous winner ;)

take some 5 mins to get accustomed its not that difficult it is different and definitely better ;) once u get the hang of it ;)

also default saving is in docx which does not open in office 2003 unless there is a compatibility pack installed so better save it in compatibility mode it is there under save as

ur dumbness does not substitute to the product being bad ;)

u cant get the 2003 look back and yes if u cant understand how to use office 20007 please by all means use OOo

as far as office 2007 is concerned - in the words of steve jobs "its not meant for u" :lol:

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Ya, I use Office 2003 everywhere, at home, at office. Once I gave office 2007 a try, but, as you said, it is very difficult to find the menu option when you need it. You mentioned about Format->Change case. I had problems with finding the bullets and numbering option in format.:p in word. Additionally I found that Word 2007 saves in .docx format by default, not compatible with previous versions of office.:mad:. I have to save it manually in a previous format. I agree with you, office 2003 was much better than office 2007.:(.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Ya, I use Office 2003 everywhere, at home, at office. Once I gave office 2007 a try, but, as you said, it is very difficult to find the menu option when you need it. You mentioned about Format->Change case. I had problems with finding the bullets and numbering option in format.:p in word. Additionally I found that Word 2007 saves in .docx format by default, not compatible with previous versions of office.:mad:. I have to save it manually in a previous format. I agree with you, office 2003 was much better than office 2007.:(.

1. u can change the default save option

2. its very easy to find all u need is 10 mins when u use it for the first time

3. ah forget it use what u like ...

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
I have been using Office 2K7 right from Beta days and I agree its an unanimous winner. ;) I like Ribbons too

OP
rollcage

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
@digitized

True man .. I cant find a thing when I needed it. for the matter of fact why cant that menu be more customizable. As in 2003 .. if something is not there on toolbar its in default top Menu. but in 2007 there is no menu just toolbar.
Ya there is a option to save in .doc - as already mention above .. you can change the default option.
bcoz not everyone has 2007, and why microsoft thinks that receiver must have that version of software.
Why the .docx extention in the first place. I cant tell everyone to install the software bcoz I am using it .. this is ridiculous mr. bill gates. office 2003 was much better than office 2007 in User friendliness.

@Vishal Gupta

Ya I know about that add on software.. but I wanted to do within office itself
.. I mean if it doesnt have .. then cant it be tweaked.
ok may not be the look .. but at least the Full Menu of all the functions. .
so that if something isn't visible upfront .. it shall be there in menu as with every other software.
Doesnt the new version meant to be more helpful, more customized, and top of it User friendly.

Last edited:

prateek_san

Phenom II X4 920 Owner
well i use 2007....its got lots good features ...but sometimes its hard o find 1 particular thing on the Excel....thats when i hate it.....but still.....:)

New

Padawan
Office 2007 is better than open office. I used both of them and yes,ms office is way ahead than open office..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom