Linux Discussion Thread

Which OS do you use primarily?

• Total voters

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Yes tried on all ports on mobo, issue still occurs. I only have a single USB 2.0 port, tried that.. didnt work.
Tried downgrading kernel as well, still the same thing.

Fiio Q1 MkII is a portable dac, it has a battery in it and it gets charged when connected to a computer. Could that be the reason behind it not working properly ? But that doesnt explain how it used to work fine on elementary, and kubuntu.

[nerevarine@nerevarine-desktop ~]$ lsusb
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 003 Device 012: ID 2972:0035 GuangZhou FiiO Electronics Co.,Ltd FiiO Q1
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 05e3:0612 Genesys Logic, Inc. Hub
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 013: ID 0a12:0001 Cambridge Silicon Radio, Ltd Bluetooth Dongle (HCI mode)
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0951:16bf Kingston Technology HyperX Alloy Elite
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 046d:c07e Logitech, Inc. G402 Gaming Mouse
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I managed to fix this, apparently manjaro's default behavior is to conserve power by shutting down usb devices after few seconds. I disabled that using TLPUI. Now my audio works perfectly fine.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I managed to fix this, apparently manjaro's default behavior is to conserve power by shutting down usb devices after few seconds. I disabled that using TLPUI. Now my audio works perfectly fine.
Wow, I didn't even know that was a thing.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Thanks for letting me know about this issue. I moved form debian to Manjaro just last Sunday. And I now know about an issue that I could face. :p
Btw, ever experience this bug?:
After you leave the PC for a certain time and come back to unlock it, you are greeted by a black screen, with only the mouse cursor. No matter what you do, you don't get the login screen.
Happened with me a couple of times, and I think it's a known bug (even Chris Titus Tech, from Youtube go this issue).

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
After you leave the PC for a certain time and come back to unlock it, you are greeted by a black screen, with only the mouse cursor. No matter what you do, you don't get the login screen.
You should try logging in using one of the virtual terminals using Ctrl + Alt + F1..F9, then run `htop` and see if there are any processes that are frozen. You could also try unfreezing your session using `loginctl` though I don't remember the exact syntax.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Thanks for letting me know about this issue. I moved form debian to Manjaro just last Sunday. And I now know about an issue that I could face. :p
Btw, ever experience this bug?:
Happened with me a couple of times, and I think it's a known bug (even Chris Titus Tech, from Youtube go this issue).
Yes faced this, ill look for a fix.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Used from year 2007 to 2018. Then bought a Macbook which is my daily driver.

The main OS on the desktop is still Linux though.

Theodre

In the zone
I have been using Linux as a daily driver since Fuduntu days!

Removed Windows 7 since Ubuntu 12.04 if my brain is working right!
Been using Manjaro as a daily driver for the last 4 years. :)

I game, code and work in it!

Glad to see some movement here in the opensource section BTW! :)

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Didn't know about Fuduntu!
Manjaro is best man. Been using it for few months now. It's what I imagined Linux should have been.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
KDE isn't as snappy as I hoped to be, even with official Nvidia drivers and a 1080.
Its the most feature rich UI though. Just not as snappy.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
But your system will be a mess of GTK libraries and Qt libraries. While this is not a big issue it can have other issues such as inconsistent UI design among GTK and Qt applications.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Fragmentation of above and the multiple package managers are the major downsides of Linux.
I wish everything got consolidated but that's not gonna happen.

Top Bottom