Do you folks remember the cool dashboards that Playware and Mindware had?

bsniep

Right off the assembly line
I'm trying to get those cool autoplay dashboards that used to pop up when you'd insert these DVDs. I absolutely loved them. Do folks have pictures or a place where I can bring alive this piece of nostalgia

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I'm trying to get those cool autoplay dashboards that used to pop up when you'd insert these DVDs. I absolutely loved them. Do folks have pictures or a place where I can bring alive this piece of nostalgia
Yes, I remember LOTR trilogy had a dashboard, with the ring's animation in mount doom

Æsoteric Positron

I AM GROOT (and so are you)
^ i think he means that dashboard which comes upon autoplay on inserting disc. Like we have in digit.
I remember absolutely hating the interface that manufacturers shipped for selecting the movies in the days gone by. They were usually buggy and unresponsive and just cluttered up the disk. For me personally, the interface that we have in digit DVDs aren't even comparable to those, and I just noticed now when you mentioned it - these interfaces have infact the same function as those.

PS. Sorry OP to hurt your sentiments, just my opinions. Though to be fair I don't know whether I infact had "Playware"/"Mindware" disks, maybe those had significantly better UI than the disks I had.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
remember absolutely hating the interface that manufacturers shipped for selecting the movies in the days gone by. They were usually buggy and unresponsive and just cluttered up the disk. For me personally, the interface that we have in digit DVDs aren't even comparable to those, and I just noticed now when you mentioned it - these interfaces have infact the same function as those

Yupp , those dvd menu were bs.
Those dvd menus were made in XML and had a seperate container for the codec, but the one used by digit is made in flash. Or animate, as Adobe renamed it...

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Also, @Anorion can we get the dvd in ISO files instead? I did got the email about digit removing dvd but it would be nice if a single copy was provided in ISO format, or you can atleast give that disc interface which came with it as a rememberence to dvd

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Hmm. That's actually a good idea. Will see if something can be done. Thinking some kind of packages like "essentials" would be convenient maybe, made a thread for more eDVD feedback.

Got a selection of CDs and DVDs checking the interfaces for this dashboard now.

d895ac79-2b08-4595-9d4c-7d4c4eaa7810.jpg

Top Bottom