do you believe firefox 2.0 is worth the wait?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
worth the wait? I didn't wait for much time for Firefox2. Now, firefox 3 is coming.

The question should be : Is IE7 worth the wait?

answer: Nope. not at all.

AshishSharma

Livin' in the ghetto
IE7 somehow looks feels and works better with Vista but Firefox still rulez *img172.exs.cx/img172/1236/bowtothefox7mw.gif

Has nyone tried Firefox 3... reviews haven't been good so far ... ny known improvements by chance ?
*img320.imageshack.us/img320/3730/a0370fb.gif

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Atleast wait for FF3 to release. At this point FF3 will be very buggy, it's just an alpha release yet.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Who just woke up? :eek:

Firefox 2.0 is already out and We all await the revolutionary 3.0 yet again as usual.

Last edited:

mehulved

Qwerty now you gonna start a browser war. And anyone getting into a browser war is gonna get a week off into Miserable Users Land.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
tech_your_future said:
Qwerty now you gonna start a browser war. And anyone getting into a browser war is gonna get a week off into Miserable Users Land.

:D This shows frustration! Instead just suggest them to go through 'Fanboyism'! ;)

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Ok T_Y_F, it was me right? Fine, I wont say any browser is good anymore. Just that Opera... hehe...

Edited previous post...

mehulved

I am talking about everyone in this thread who said IE/Opera is good/bad, I pointed you out cos many people will pick up this statement of yours and start a browser war again. We know very well that people are finicky on subject of browsers and OS's.

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
the subject should have had 'was' instead of 'is'. 'Do you believe firefox 2.0 was worth the wait?'

I for one, didn't notice anything different. Only that tabs have their own close buttons and that the tools dialog box is laid out differently. I did have problems with some extensions not working with 2.0 but now most of them have new versions which do.

manas

Wandering in the zone ...
Ahh, I thought somebody had digged up an old thread..:D

Qwerty, diverting the topic eh ?

BTW, I want Firefox to launch fast and take less resources.:)

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
manas said:
Ahh, I thought somebody had digged up an old thread..:D

Qwerty, diverting the topic eh ?

BTW, I want Firefox to launch fast and take less resources.:)

I don't think won't be possible in near future....though nowdays 2.0 seems to use a bit less RAM then 1.5....let's wait what 3.0 will show us! Even IE is resource hungry...try opening all sites opened on your ff with ie...mem with ie would be greater than FF!

PainKiller

thug for life...2pac
FF used to be gr8 in early days. now its takes too much RAM. try using it for 2 hours continuously, u will see. on the other hand IE is quick and doesnt take that much RAM...... comments please :)

shantanu

Technomancer
I haD FIREFOX2 but it gave me some problems so uninstalled it.. BUT I KNOW ITS A GOOD BROWSER A FRIEND OF MINE IS ALREADY USING IT AND IS HAPPY WITH IT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom