• Naah, sum othr tym.

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

aku

Gonna make it BiG
Do we really need DreamScene from M$?
Well, i guess by nor most of ya must hav hrd abt m$ DreamScene.. (provided as an upgradeble extension for vista unlimited).. that allows the use of any uncompressed video as the desktop wallpaper...
But do we really need that from m$.. though provided free but only after up shell out 16k bucks for the vista ultimate.. but is it wort it?
Yeah i kno.. sum of u may say that "Yeah, datz kewl".. and da rest... u kno very well...

So wat if u dun wanna upgrade to vista ultimate.. but u still wanna enjoy
DreamScene like feature in ur WinXP box???
Chances are that you already have the softy installed in ur XPbox rit now.. but u havnt used it any day...

Its called BSplayer (runs on xp.. and its FREE).. (and if u've installed k-lite codec pack, then most probably uve already installed it)..
It can use any video (irrespective of compression) as a desktop wallpaper.

Enjoy DreamScene without Using DreamScene...

----------------------------------------------------------------
@modz.. please close da anothr instance of this thread posted in the ChitChat section..

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
akuCRACKER said:
Do we really need DreamScene from M$?
Well, i guess by nor most of ya must hav hrd abt m$ DreamScene.. (provided as an upgradeble extension for vista unlimited).. that allows the use of any uncompressed video as the desktop wallpaper...
But do we really need that from m$.. though provided free but only after up shell out 16k bucks for the vista ultimate.. but is it wort it?
Yeah i kno.. sum of u may say that "Yeah, datz kewl".. and da rest... u kno very well...

So wat if u dun wanna upgrade to vista ultimate.. but u still wanna enjoy
DreamScene like feature in ur WinXP box???
Chances are that you already have the softy installed in ur XPbox rit now.. but u havnt used it any day...

Its called BSplayer (runs on xp.. and its FREE).. (and if u've installed k-lite codec pack, then most probably uve already installed it)..
It can use any video (irrespective of compression) as a desktop wallpaper.

Enjoy DreamScene without Using DreamScene...

@modz.. please close da anothr instance of this thread posted in the ChitChat section..

Oh comon, thanx for informing about BSPlayer's feature, but ranting about a free feature MS is giving is not good anyway, you don't like it, don't use it, simple....I m not defending it, cos even i don't recomend Vista ultimate over home premium, but hey, if they are providing something for free why not use it. No one is out there buying Vista ultimate for Ultimate extras only

goobimama

 Macboy
Totally agree with gx here. Dreamscene is provided free and on a "I want it, I install it" basis (am I right?). There's more to ultimate than dreamscene (or for that matter solitaire...)

OP
aku

aku

Gonna make it BiG
@gx.. but u cant rule out the fact that thera 'is' a certain percentage of those, who r gonna get vista ultimate for the extraz only...
more over i didnt write the post in a "oh!.. nuthin from m$ is dat good' sence...
and btw if i wud hav intended dat then i wud hav posted it in the fight club section.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
akuCRACKER said:
@gx.. but u cant rule out the fact that thera 'is' a certain percentage of those, who r gonna get vista ultimate for the extraz only...

Well...here I agree with you, if someone is getting ultimate edition because of Ultimate extras only, then he sure has a job better then mine :D...& he needs to tighten his screws

goobimama

 Macboy
...And you could add those 'poor souls' who extend their trial period to 120 days and then reinstall.... I'm pretty sure those people would use Ultimate and nothing less eh?

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
akuCRACKER said:
).. that allows the use of any uncompressed video as the desktop wallpaper...

only Uncomprssed video? nope it runs compressed video as well. Second thing this can be achieved with BS player and VLC and many other alternatives but who wasnts a media player open always when you are wotking just to show a video in the desktop, dreamscene is free and integrates with your desktop personalization dialog box, so the process is as convinient s changing wallpapers .

Although the dreamscene feature is useless IMO. Get home premium the ultimate extras are not worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom