Do we need sp2 for windows XP???

Do we need sp2 for windows XP???

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nishantv2003

We Both Have a Mouse!!!
how many of u guyes think sp2 for xp is essential,because after installing many of your software andhardware wont work properly(t.v.tuner card does not work properly with sp1 also, atleast my). :(

saROMan

QA Juggler
well as a matter of fact..u do........if u r not conn to inet..then u donn even need SP1 ....but donn wanna mess up PC after connetin to net......SP2 is a must ..for ur own security..........hehehehe

VD17

Journeyman
mine runs perfectly well and secure without it... all you need is a good anti-virus and a strong firewall...
in fact, i found more problems than solutions with SP2...

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
if u connect to internet then sp2 is nessasary...
even otherwise it has a good firewall and other security features...
go for sp2.

VD17

Journeyman
oh well... i seem to be proving otherwise... ;)
i just hate it the way it screws the system performance....

NikhilVerma

Padawan
sp2 sucks...
I have SP1, I don't use any firewalls and I use Firefox....
And I have never got any virus....
So I don't need SP2

zenblue

Broken In
i think sp2 is a necessity if someone is using internet on winxp..it definitely has lots of improvements compared to sp1 or plain XP in addtions to all the bug fixes till the date it was released...but "Data Prevention Execution" feature sometimes do prevents some softwares from running or even installing..also some of the activeX contents are blocked by internet explorer by default when some website tries to install it...you can install it by clicking at appropriate links there but it does creates some problems for someone migrating from sp1 to sp2...slight change in working of some aspects...but i would still say its worth every bit of it...

tuxfan

Technomancer
You will need all the service packs that M$ releases. Their OS (especially WinXP) has so many bugs that they will release a service pack only in case of critical updates. If they care to release patches for all bugs, they will not be able to release Longhorn for many more years. :roll:

wORm

Journeyman
Installing SP2 has increased the performance of my PC. Also, there are people under the impression that anti-vir and firewall can keep an unpatched PC safe, well I think its better to be safe than sorry.

To answer ur q: Nope
U very well dont need even sp1 juss update against the blaster nd frnds
and use a browser like opera or mozilla.
The major stuff get into the system thro ie not cuz ie is weak or bad just cuz it is famous nd most of the ppl use it.So the nut who makes a worm makes it for microsoft products like ie or outlook.The way to avoid it is simple.
All the other possiblity is by downloading files if u kno wat ur downloading and wat sites u vist then i guess we all can avoid virus and bugs.
Sp2 makes the system a hell lota slower half the stuff stop workin.
Why the hell use it wen u can live without it?

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
sp2 sux ..
makes comp slower and it full bugz
applications dont work properly with it !!!

just keep installing the security updates .. . that's all you need ..
no need of sp2

and those thinking of sp2's firewall .... most of us use ZA or other third party firewalls. no need of xp's firewall

and those who think that ppl connecting to net shud have sp2 ..
let me tell you .. my comp stays ON for 24hrs a day, 7 days a week
and im always connected internet from lan
i never got a virus
just keep installing the security updates .. that's all u need

Godmode

Right off the assembly line
SP2 screws some of the softwares like Norton systemworks..some games and stuff...that;s why some ppl are skeptical about installing SP2..

People talk straight to the point rather than saying SP2 is not good...give some real examples

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom