Do paid versions of security apps provide more protection?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RajU
I am really confused about it:confused:, am a home user as told by cyberboy_kerala
like I am now using ZoneAlarm free, AVG Antivirus free, Spybot free editions
Do you think it is enough or should use paid ones like KAV, NOD32, ZoneAlarm Pro/Internet Security :?:

As for home use only

Last edited:

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting

Yes :)

Personal thoughts, Kaspersky as Paid rocks... KAV is Rs. 750/- (we bought many together so little cheap) where as KIS is Rs. 1150/- :) (as I bought one for my self)

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
For home use free software is more than enough
jetico free firewall better than zonealarm pro
Avs same engine as kav6

OP

RajU
I would have given +1 reputation for you guys for replying so quickly but the polling is still confusing as it is going head to head. I want more votes please as it will help me decide about keeping these securities or use a paid one
@choto, and what is the renewal money, and why didn't you told me while buying :just joking:D

Last edited:

Phreezer

Broken In
I've been using Norton Systemworks & was more than satisfied with that. The only problem was the amount of load it gives to the system. One fine day I thought what the heck! may be I don't need it at all, so i uninstalled it. Now my system is running better than ever(breathing light) with no security threats...I know this because i occasionally go to Live Care! & get a scan of my computer online. And believe me i'm a heavy user of internet & spend a lotta time online. I do observe some precautions.
About your question, I would like to say that yes I do believe that paid s/w gives more protection. Now on what basis am i saying that? Well, firstly because of my own experience. It was heavy on the system ...fine...but never compromised on security... while i've seen some of my friends reformatting their hard-disks after being afflicted with virus which their free anti-virus wasn't able to catch...some had their systems freeze coz of conflicts. All these are local scenarios which might not hold true globally but then its my experience.
The paid s/w have a dedicated team always working towards its betterment & whatever the people say against them,they are the most popular. Popular doesn't always mean better but then there must be something for which so many people are falling & the company is getting bigger.

vicky_l7

free as a bird
I have no problem with avast free version and using only windows firewall. i think if you are a system for surfing and for media playing i dont their is any need to go for kis or any other paid security apps.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
sakumar79 said:
@ChotoCheeta, I got KIS OEM for 525 about 2 weeks back... Ritchie Street in Chennai...

Arun

woah !!!!! COooooool... Export some here at Kolkata :lol:, no really i mean it... thats dead cheap price :lol:

sakumar79

Technomancer
Actually, I am in Madurai, and I went to Madras to purchase new computer, and got it at that time... So, I cant ship there, but if you have some contacts/friends in Chennai, you can ask them... :)

Arun

sakumar79

Technomancer
@ChotoCheeta, I got it from a shop that has a web presence - Delta Peripherals at *www.deltapage.com/

EDIT: Though they havent put the KIS software on their website list, they do have it...

Arun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom