Do not disturb -> on mobile phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

squid

Broken In
recently I received a message that we can activate the "DO NOT DISTURB" option for your mobile connection so that we will not be receiving any promotional offers and other nagging SMSes. I have checked with both aircel and tataindicom and they do have that option.

OP
S

squid

Broken In
webgenius said:
Can you can please tell me how to activate that? I've been searching for it from months.
as i have already told I have opted out of (Aircel & TataIndicom) their mailing list through their website. option is available in the bottom. I don't know about other mobile connections

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
Alfansey06 said:
airtel has also this option on their website. but it does not work.

Quite true. I've done it 5 times through idea website, 2 times via sms, and a no. of times dialing cust. care. But they never bother. No of calls has been reduced a bit, but still I get 5 sms per day.

K

krazyfrog

A month ago Airtel guys sent me an sms that i can deactivate their promotional sms offer by either sending sms or visiting their website. I chose to send the sms. And guess what, the promotional sms stopped within 48 hours! Now no more nagging sms about some stupid polyphonic ringtones.:)

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Even hutch has it. And well I don't get any nagging calls/SMS's other than those from hutch informing that my balance will be cut for the other promotional offers i have signed up, if they can send it at some better time than 3 am I would be happier.

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
I thought about getting a Hutch connection. But then I'll have to change my number. I saw in the news that the same number can be used with different operators & this technology will be implemented soon.
i.e, say you can use your existing airtel number with hutch as operator.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
webgenius said:
.............I saw in the news that the same number can be used with different operators &.........

Sorry to spoil the party. It was SUPPOSED to be implemented from April 2007. The government has other ideas, see here *www.rediff.com/money/2006/dec/05mobile.htm

abhishek_del

Journeyman
For airtel mobile services. Type DND and send it to 170. It takes about a day to activate it, but it works and I ain't getting any spam from them

Sridhar_Rao

In the zone
Hutch customers can do that by sending a sms DND to 111 or filling this page at *hutch.in/bottom/dnd.asp I just sent via the form and will wait to see if it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom