Do not Disturb !! (from Airtel)

Status
Not open for further replies.

amol48

Searching...
Airtel Users can now give a sigh of relief :p from the irritating SMS and Calls that they get from 'Airtel' all the time promoting their various offers !!!

Check this link :
*www.airtel.in/dont.htm

Just fill up a form and select whether you want to unsubscribe from the unwated and irrtating calls or SMS or both and it will be done within 30 days !! :D
So HAPPY to hear that from Airtel :lol: (May be they might have got complaint from the users itself :oops: )

prasad_den

Padawan
At last..... Only a few hours ago I called customer care and bashed them for sending me promotional messages continuously (Today was a very bad day for me.. Got about 18 messages, all same, in a span of about 10 mins.. Got about 7 messages yesterday in a span of 5 mins....:()....To my surprise, the person told that they had an option to disable such messages and that he'll do so immediately...Does that mean everyone should intimate them that they would not like to receive annoying messages....!!!!! :evil: :evil:

moshel

Padawan
this could still be one more of airtel's schemes. sometime back they got a service in which if u write ANO and send it to 456. u never get a call frm airtel. i sent it twice but still i keep getting calls......annoying.

and anyway even if u fill this up u still cannot stop the message when u make the first call of the day....it will still come

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
moshel this isn't from airtel. It is the order of court. Court has ordered from a long time to make a do not disturb list but it hasn't been followed by any company - telecom or otherwise who use telemarketing. So, the issue has come up again.

OP
A

amol48

Searching...
@tech

ya right dude but i think it was not to make ADs of other products or companies i think. Airtel themself can do send SMS about their offers.

I am not sure but :-(

mehulved

Not sure of SMS'es but they can't make calls if you have applied for DND. If it isn't there it should be put in place. I use hutch and i too get so many such calls I am seriously thinking of applying on such list if it exists.

OP
A

amol48

Searching...
regarding Airtel I hope they stick to the word and stop torchering their customers at least after they fill this so called " Do not Disturb" form. :-(

mehulved

Even hutch has Do not Disturb. Just checked their site today and signed up for it. Hopefully they'll stop those useless calls now.
While signing up i got options to stop SMS, caslls and e-mails. Lets see how far it helps.

OP
A

amol48

Searching...
@ tech

ya buddy i too checked today and found it...
BTW i found hutch site is the best ha among all cellular sites :) . BPL is the worst !!!!

moshel

Padawan
amol48 said:
@ moshel

which message dude ??:-( i don get any message when i make the first call

Maybe u m8 not be having something like that.....but here in gujarat both postpaid and prepaid customers, when they make the first call of the i.e. after 12:00 am they are told abt the latest scheme.......its very annoying, but u can disconnect the call and then dial again so it wont come.

so anyway i was saying that, that will still continue, even after this....but its good if this thing really works.

i was working in airtel prepaid customer care and we used to get complains everyday regarding this, they got a call for hello tune, they said no but still hello tune got activated and money got deducted.lol.

OP
A

amol48

Searching...
@ moshel

ya here in maharshtra at least we dont have such problems from Airtel THANK GOD :)

Regarding that hello tune, ya asme had happened with my friend too !! ::lol :: poor baby :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom