Do normal DVD players have Region Coding ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

thrash_metal

In the zone
Do Normal DVD players which are connected to the Tv have region coding or are region free . One of my friend owns a DVD Player and played a DVD with a region code 1 and soon after than he played a DVD with a Region code 2 . Both the DVD's played very well with no problem or errors . Now the thing is my DVD Rom is bounded by the region codes ! Right now it is set to Region 1 - thats the Region whose DVD's i mostly play . Whn i went to Sony World and asked the sales dude how many times can a region code be changed in their DVD players he replied only once and then it is set to that region . So how come my frnd could change the DVD Player's code 2 times (owns the same Sony model that i enquired abt) .

If DVD Players dont have region coding (are region free) then why the Hell do Computer DVD Drives have Region coding ???

Kinda confused here..... !!!

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
U can change DVD region code 5 times.
After that its automatically blocked.
I hv Samsung DVD Drive.
Ur confusion will be clear by this screenshot:

*img236.imageshack.us/img236/6334/untitled3az.jpg

OP
T

thrash_metal

In the zone
Arre i asked that dude in the shop (looked as if he knew what the Region Code Gig is) i asked wether it is 1 time or 5 times . He said its definitely 1 Time . Looked pretty sure on this one .

On the other hand another of my frnd got a player 2 yrs back (if i remember correctly) he's been buying DVD's from all over the world and playing them on his player !! Got em from US , Europe , China , etc ! When i play those DVDs on my Drive i get a Region code error ! He does not ! So i wonder wether DVD player are Region Free cause i havent met a single person owning a DVD player saying my Region code is set to...... ! But Pc users tell me that their drive is locked to Region ....... !

Anyone with a DVD player here ???

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
Some.DVD.players.do.come.with.AllRegion.logo.on.them.These.can.play.all.region.dvds.(according.to.my.dvd.movie.shop)
I.think.they.are.local.ones.
But.DVD.drives.in.pc.can.be.made.region.free.by.searching.for.a.bios.patch.which.are,of.course,illegal.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Well, thers another thing u can try,

make a virtual dvd drive (alcoho 120%)
and setits region to ny thing u want :twisted:

After 5 tries, reload the drivers and u get it all again...

abhishekkulkarni

Journeyman
Vishal Gupta said:
U can change DVD region code 5 times.
After that its automatically blocked.
I hv Samsung DVD Drive.
Ur confusion will be clear by this screenshot:

*img236.imageshack.us/img236/6334/untitled3az.jpg

Dude he asked whether DVD Players ( Supposed to be connected to your TV ) have Region Codes or not .. :lol:

And you are posting a screenshot of a Samsung DVD Rom which is an optical drive to be used on a PC . :shock: :shock: :shock:

Can't you read correctly before you post ? :evil:

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Yes normal dvd player have region coding. I have sony dvd player and it supports region 3 and doesnot play dvd of any other region. When I enquired with the sony people they told that I have to buy a dvd player with all region logo on the machine to play all dvd's. And Sony does have dvd player supporting all region. The model number is:- Sony DVP-NS355 Multi-region DVD Player.

kato

Karthiksn
actually there are region free dvd players too.I guess mitashi divx-999 doent ahv region problems as i hav played different region dvds on it

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
The Best way to circumvent is to install DVDregion Free and CSS [GOOGLE 4 it..] .It works 4 me.. OI hv seen Original DVDs from US..DUBAI..India.. With it in My LiteOn DVD player and Yet I hv 5 Chances left to change my Region Code. So there u go...Soln. to ur Head Ache...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom