Do i change the smps ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

girish_b

Journeyman
I've got a AMD sempron 2600+ on a Asus a7n8x vm/400 With onboard Geforce 4mx and 512 mb of ram . The problem is that this system generates blue screen errors frequently. My SMPS is of 230v from Mercury. Can that be athe problem ? Do i change it to a 350v or 400v Supply

mohit

The Hardware Labs
if its a 230 watts smps then change it immediately .. even if its not i always suggest going for a good branded smps such as antec,coolermaster , powersafe etc. go for powersafe 400w gold plated smps which will cost around 1500/- bucks. i dont guarantee that it will stop the blue screens though... for the blue screens try the following,

:arrow: Run Memtest86 on your ram for atleast 2-3 hours. get it from www.memtest86.com

:arrow: Check for loose / faulty cables.

:arrow: Update all your drivers for all devices (modem,vga,sound,etc). perform a clean reinstall with xp sp2.

:arrow: Flash your BIOS to the latest version.

:arrow: Make sure your RAM is running at the specified timings and not below them.

OP
G

girish_b

Journeyman
i think i can go for it. I also discussed it with one of my friend yester day(11-9-2005) and he also said the same.

Thank you .. mohit, for your reply..

KnightRider

Broken In
the blue screen may be of some different reason but - u r using a 230 v SMPS for 2600+ AMD.... its better you change it to 450 V now immediately......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom