DNS poisoning, help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

prashant_y

Right off the assembly line
Recently,
i started getting weird experiences while browsing my net. Whenever i used to type in some site name in navigation bar of mozilla/opera/ie6 the site never opened up, instead another site used to open up. The site name was *vparivalka.org/ and further lead to www.lycos.la

i initially thought it was an adware/virus but continuous scans with my ad-aware, spybot, and norton 2005 could not reveal any malfunctioning in my os i.e windows 2000 professional. (also i tried online scan with Trend Micro Pc-cillin and Panda antivirus.)

then i came to know about dns poisoning. and it does not matter which browser do u use nor does a firewall like zonealarm or sygate can do anything.

now if anybody amongst u has faced same problem and have found any solution plesae help me.

digen

Youngling
First let us not get in great details about dns poisoning.Can you post the contents of your host file here please?

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Hmm.. You should read these pages ..
DNS Poisoning Explained
History and analysis ..

Ah btw .. Did you tried this ..?
Start > Run > Cmd <Press Enter>
On the Command Prompt, type :
Ipconfig /flushdns <press enter>

It will flush your dns but if your are using a LAN or using a server to connect to the net, then you have to flush the Server's DNS ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom