Status
Not open for further replies.

saurabh.sauron

Ambassador of Buzz
How do I register a DLL (ActiveX) during installation of a setup? I tried using Inno Setup but it says that the registration failed. For my program, registration of that component is crucial. So what do i do?
pls help
thnx

slugger

Banned
use d regsvr32 command

to register unregistered dll files

in Command Prompt type

regsvr32 filename.dll

for a list of parameters that can be used with this command

Regsvr32

OP
saurabh.sauron

saurabh.sauron

Ambassador of Buzz
i tried it with axvlc.dll and libvlc.dll and it failed. i want it to register during the installation of my program. will regsvr32 help?

slugger

Banned
dat command is ment for registering unregistered dll files

y dont u try it out and c wat happens :)

and keep us posted

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Slugger he is asking how to implement registration using Inno Setup not to fix any unregistered dll file on PC.

Saurabh - there is a function in InnoSetup - Check help file of Inno Setup.

Excerpt from Inno Setup File

Find this help in Inno Setup Help File>>Pascal Scripting>>Support Functions Reference.
You need to learn how to implement Pascal Scripting in Inno Setup.
Prototype:
procedure RegisterServer(const Is64Bit: Boolean; const Filename: String; const FailCriticalErrors: Boolean);

Description:
Registers the DLL/OCX with the specified filename. If Is64Bit is True, the DLL/OCX will be loaded as a 64-bit image and registered in a 64-bit process. If FailCriticalErrors is True, the system will not display any critical-error-handler message boxes. Raises an exception if not successful.

Example:
begin
// Register hhctrl.ocx located in the System directory.
RegisterServer(Is64BitInstallMode, ExpandConstant('{sys}\hhctrl.ocx'), False);
end;Because we specify Is64BitInstallMode in the first parameter, it will register the 64-bit OCX in the 64-bit System directory when Setup is running in 64-bit mode. Otherwise, it will register the 32-bit OCX in the 32-bit System directory.

To unregister dlls use
Prototype:
function UnregisterServer(const Is64Bit: Boolean; const Filename: String; const FailCriticalErrors: Boolean): Boolean;

Description:
Unregisters the DLL/OCX with the specified filename. If Is64Bit is True, the DLL/OCX will be loaded as a 64-bit image and unregistered in a 64-bit process. If FailCriticalErrors is True, the system will not display any critical-error-handler message boxes. Returns True if successful, False otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom