DIVx player questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

krisjr

In the zone
hi,

I have a Divx player ver2.6..how is the Divx pro 5.1 player diff from the one i have.Sometimes when i play vcds(eng movies),the pic is distorted and there are some screeching,grinding sounds also.why is it happeing like that,any idea.the system hangs after such incidents and i have to re start.i use win 98se and windows media player 9series.the same happens when i play vcds in divx player,Power DVD etc.Has it got something to do with my system specs or old video codecs etc.

replay awaited

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Right On Pal.....Just Check The Codec's U Have Installed.....If Not been updated then Some Probs Always Occurs While Playing The Divx Files Usually And Not The Vcd Files Cause The Vcd Files Do Not Require The Codecs As They Are usually encoded in The Standard Mpg Format Which Is Supported By All The Media Players.....Get Ur Sound and Video Card Drivers Updated.....The Codecs Can Be Obtained Just By Googling And Try The Gordian Or The K-Lite Codec Pack Usually These are the Best.....Do The Divx Files Play Properly Or Is It Just The Problem with The Vcd's????

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
the best divx player right now is the vlc player
this player seems to be a free software
check this it is used to play any thing and it is having

Code:
*www.download.com/VLC-Media-Player/3000-2194_4-10337450.html?tag=lst-0-1

it is there in download.com and it is a 6mb file only

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
Yup like the guys say get VLC and a codec pack. Also try analysing the file with Gspot codec appliance,it will tell you whether or not u have the proper codecs to play.

OP
K

krisjr

In the zone
allwyndlima said:
Right On Pal.....Just Check The Codec's U Have Installed.....If Not been updated then Some Probs Always Occurs While Playing The Divx Files Usually And Not The Vcd Files Cause The Vcd Files Do Not Require The Codecs As They Are usually encoded in The Standard Mpg Format Which Is Supported By All The Media Players.....Get Ur Sound and Video Card Drivers Updated.....The Codecs Can Be Obtained Just By Googling And Try The Gordian Or The K-Lite Codec Pack Usually These are the Best.....Do The Divx Files Play Properly Or Is It Just The Problem with The Vcd's????

Hi,
ya i dont have any probs while playing the divx files.i keep the divx codecs updated,but when i play VCDs,then the problem crops up.eventhough i play the avseq01.dat files in windows media player,power DVD,Divx player etc.I have a DVD 8x ROM.I dont understand wher the problm is actually.The picture distortion and screeching,grinding sounds are there when i play the files in my VCD player while watching in TV.but in comp its having probs.the system hangs after such incidents.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Ok Now Here The DVD-Rom Might Be The Possible Culprit....Cause U Say That These Files Run Properly On Ur Vcd Player(Atleast That Is what i could Barely Understand From Ur Statement)......Anyways Try Copying The Files OnTo Ur hard Disk And Then try Playing Them.....If It works Properly Then The DVD-Rom Drives Reading Probs Might BE There.....Or The Disc Might Just Be Scratched At a Point Where The DVD Drives Lens Might Have probs Reading It Perfectly......Remeber The Pc DVD Drives Lens Are Much Sensitive Compared To The Available Stand Alone DVD And Vcd Player Available......Try Cleaning The Lens Or Trying Out The Disc On Ur Friends CD-Rom or DVD-Rom Drive :)

OP
K

krisjr

In the zone
allwyndlima said:
Ok Now Here The DVD-Rom Might Be The Possible Culprit....Cause U Say That These Files Run Properly On Ur Vcd Player(Atleast That Is what i could Barely Understand From Ur Statement)......Anyways Try Copying The Files OnTo Ur hard Disk And Then try Playing Them.....If It works Properly Then The DVD-Rom Drives Reading Probs Might BE There.....Or The Disc Might Just Be Scratched At a Point Where The DVD Drives Lens Might Have probs Reading It Perfectly......Remeber The Pc DVD Drives Lens Are Much Sensitive Compared To The Available Stand Alone DVD And Vcd Player Available......Try Cleaning The Lens Or Trying Out The Disc On Ur Friends CD-Rom or DVD-Rom Drive :)

hi,
well i am explaining once again then.when i play these eng VCDs on my PC which has a ATPI(dont know which cos is that) 8x DVD ROM,it sometimes poses such problm.the problem is that sometimes there is screeching,grinding sound and system hangs afterwards.it generally happens most of the time when i play Vcds via windows media player(series 9).I have win98Se.The win media player is updated.this problem doesnt happen in all the cds i play.Some cds i guess which is badly written poses such problem.what u say mate.I guess VCD as a media isint good for burning movies into it,correct me if i am wrong....The lens i guess is ok,but may be some dust is there.But it sure doesnt create any problem when i play audio cds or other do things.

So finally there is some problem with the VCD which is badly written or with my DVD ROM which is 3yrs old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom