Divx Givin me problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

hbk88in

Broken In
since ive installed windows xp service pack 2...
DivX videos arent working properly..
In windows media player....the picture does not come...only a black screen and in Divx Player when i forward the picture remains but the sound is from another scene
u kno what i mean?
CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME???!!!

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
which version of DivX do you have ? there were some incompatibilities with some software and windows xp Sp2. I would suggest gettin the latest version installed. I think its there in Digit DVD.

OP
H

hbk88in

Broken In
ive got the latest version...still the same thing happens...i installed from digit dvd January 2005 only...but still no go...anything else i can do?

theraven

Technomancer
did u try disabling dep ?
goto ur boot.ini file and edit it

Code:
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

Change it to

Code:
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect

OP
H

hbk88in

Broken In
this is wat the boot.ini file shows

[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn
C:\="Microsoft Windows"

help?

theraven

Technomancer
remove the /noexecute=optin from that and save the file
restart
and try .. else we'll have to come up with something else :D

OP
H

hbk88in

Broken In
NOPE....still no go...same problem still there....
man i miss my pre-sp2 days!
n e other thing i can do?

amitsaudy

Ambassador of Buzz
If ur missing ur pre sp2 days so badly then simply uninstall sp2
from ur system.
ie. if you have saved the files during sp2 installation.

PrinceHeart

In the zone
Try this:
Rollback your sp2 - i hope you have TICKED the backup system files when u installed sp2. orelse - try RESTORE option to a point before sp2. Then go to microsoft.com and download "Window Media Player 9 Series Codecs" and Window Media Player 10 for winXP. Then install sp2 again.

If you restore to a previous date - any updates done to your PC will be gone, so you will have to update those stuffs again. try updating your divx(after all the above steps ie. rollback sp2/install mp10/install mpcodec 9/install sp2/install any update regarding media player if any in windows update site.. then update divx). Restart as required and then see the difference.

Hope this will solve your troubles..

Enjoy !!

OP
H

hbk88in

Broken In
dint have to do all that...jus uninstalled all the codec's...and re-installed them...all good now...
thanx to ol of u!
CHEERS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom