Divx codec

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Which distro are you on? And please do not install the divx codec from the site.. Linux has gstreamer/xine backends which decode all files..

OP
vish786

vish786

"The Gentleman"
@kalpik,

ubuntu feisty running, why shouldn't i use divx codec :( ?, no doubt gstreamer is their, but i wanna try tat, divx codec is better. :idea:

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
vish, no divx codec is not better.. :p Just do "sudo apt-get install ubuntu-restricted-extras" that should help you play all files.

OP
vish786

vish786

"The Gentleman"
they r playing but "garrrr garrrr " sound is produced when i increase the volume.

Last edited:
OP
vish786

vish786

"The Gentleman"
LOL.... in that itself sound is produced :oops:...

their should be some way of running this codec after installation ?{running is difficult then installing} :(...

Last edited:
OP
vish786

vish786

"The Gentleman"
@prakash, divx is not their in repo, so i installed from this site. but how do i run it man :confused:... command ?

praka123

left this forum longback
dude,i never faced so called grr grr while playing divx or xvid.that problem may be with some particular player(totem???).i am sure mplayer or xine will play it perfectly.also try to optimize the options in players.

libdivxdecore0-binary - DivX MPEG-4 library (decoder)
libdivxencore0-binary - DivX MPEG-4 library (encoder)
^these may be what ur trying to download.
pool/restricted/d/divx4linux-binary-i386/libdivxdecore0-binary_5.0.5-1duo1_i386.deb
Size: 118974
MD5sum: 68d26cecf644fe4ed248fdb0a851fca3
Description: DivX MPEG-4 library (decoder)
DivX compression technology is a software application that compresses digital
video so it can be downloaded over DSL or cable modems in a relatively short
time with no reduced visual quality.
This package contains the library to decode DivX

mediator

Technomancer
It says,

DivX Pro features

DivX 6.1.1 codec for Linux is free and includes DivX Pro features.
Known issues

* This version does not support multithreading.
* Provided in this package are libraries, headers, and API documentation for developers. To use the DivX codec for Linux the libraries must be leveraged from an application calling the API.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom