display is bloody dark!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pchaterji

Right off the assembly line
Hi all! I have a peculiar problem. My comp (P3, 512MB SDRAM, Win2k) recently went away for an overhaul and came back with a few bells and whistles added. However, the display is just too dark! I can see the desktop fine and word files etc are fine, but open a photo/movie/game and the dark areas are so dark that I can't see anything. While playing Max Payne, for example, it was almost totally black. I managed to fix that to an extent by pushing the game brightness to max, but with other games (wolfenstein, NOLF, Hitman, NFS UG), I can't see a thing. The monitor's contrast and brightness are at 100% each, and the guys who overhauled the comp tested it with another monitor and video card (I have a basic TNT2), but said it didn't make much of a difference ie it was almost as dark. Anyone have any ideas and/or suggestions?

Thanks

Pablo

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Well I suppose the Monitor HAs Lost It's Edge And The Picture Tube HAs Been Fiddled With......To Test If its ur Graphic Cars Problem Then Try the card at ur friends place and if it turns a black out at his place as well Then Ur Graphic card is the possible culprit and then definetly have to get rid of it......And if its ur MOnitor's Problem Then Sonsult ur hardware dealer and get ur Picture Tube Replaced MAte.... :D

NikhilVerma

Padawan
right click on your desktop then goto

properties... settings(tab)... advanced(button)... TNT2(tab)... colour correction(item)

then increase the birghtness and contrast from there....

and also Have you tried upgrading your driver??

NikhilVerma

Padawan
allwyndlima said:
Well I suppose the Monitor HAs Lost It's Edge And The Picture Tube HAs Been Fiddled With......To Test If its ur Graphic Cars Problem Then Try the card at ur friends place and if it turns a black out at his place as well Then Ur Graphic card is the possible culprit and then definetly have to get rid of it......And if its ur MOnitor's Problem Then Sonsult ur hardware dealer and get ur Picture Tube Replaced MAte.... :D

he has already told that he checked it on a different monitor...
So his monitor is most probably okay...

And as far as I know that TNT2 is mostly an inbuild card which can't be taken out...

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
NikhilVerma said:
allwyndlima said:

he has already told that he checked it on a different monitor...
So his monitor is most probably okay...

And as far as I know that TNT2 is mostly an inbuild card which can't be taken out...

Well Now lets see If TNT 2 Is an Inbuilt Card Then Why the Hell Cant it be taken out...... :? As my Friend's TNT2 M64 Was taken out by my Hands.....and i suppose its a graphic or AGP Card and is not a integrated one So I suppose we can remove it for future Expansion mate..... :D .....And yea Agreed For the Monitor Checking Thingyyy..... 8)

Sourabh

Laptoping
well TNT 2 is an AGP card
try installing some relatively old orginal nvidia drivers
the newer drivers are not advices for tnt2 cards
most probably its just from ur pc-settings for the color n stuff
is ur dispaly bright in DOS bootup process??
do post in abt ur discovery :wink:

ujjwal

Padawan
Go to control panel > display > Settings > Advanced > Colour, and check the gamma setting. It should be 1. If its already at 1 then try increasing it and if it helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom