Disk Read Error......Plz Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBThumbHealer

BlackBerry Guru ! :)
hey frenz.......

my pc is encountering a strange problem....

when my pc boots up .... i gives me the error " A Disk Read Error Occurred...Press Ctrl+Alt+Del To Restart "it neither proceeds to the boot screen or the welcome screen....

even when i press Ctrl+Alt+Del ......it again restarts but gives the same error....

Plz Help.......

BlackBerry7100g.

Third Eye

gooby pls
BlackBerry7100g said:
hey frenz.......

my pc is encountering a strange problem....

when my pc boots up .... i gives me the error " A Disk Read Error Occurred...Press Ctrl+Alt+Del To Restart "it neither proceeds to the boot screen or the welcome screen....

even when i press Ctrl+Alt+Del ......it again restarts but gives the same error....

Plz Help.......

BlackBerry7100g.

Just reinstall your operating system....

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
I think fixing MBR can do the job. :)
Boot using XP CD and enter into Recovery Console and then give following commands:

fixmbr
fixboot
bootcfg /rebuild

Accept the confirmations and it should solve the problem.

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
BlackBerry7100g said:
r u ppl sure that there is a prb with my windows only and nothing else ?

If you're getting this error in the bios DOS-like text screen and F8 doesn't work, either your hard drive, ram stick(s) and or motherboard probably needs repair.

sridatta

An Esoteric Geek
Once check in the BIOS whether your hard disk has been detected or not.. i doubt its problem with the HDD.. I have seen similar errors in both scenarios.. when hdd failed or windows corrupted

OP
BBThumbHealer

BBThumbHealer

BlackBerry Guru ! :)
formatted my PC but prbs is still persisting ....

how to chk in the bios for the HDD detection ?

got the error in dos screen but i m experiencing no prbs in entering setup !

Last edited:

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
There r plenty of solution..but cant say whic will work for u....u gota try...adn try ...and try

1.go into the bios and
activate "Load Fail-Safe Defaults"

(After that just change the cpu fsb frequency, and the boot order (CD-rom - IDE 0 etc) .

2.low level formatting the drive

3.disable IDE bus master in BIOS

4.fixing MBR

5.Boot from the floppy using partition magic recovery disks. Go to your c: drive and check your cluster size. If it is higher than 4 kb then this could be your problem. Resize to 4 kb and then reboot. Hold down delete and go to bios and choose load optimized defaults. Save and reboot. Then boot from the windows xp cd and enter recovery console and run chkdsk /p.

Now do the check list..abt u haev done and goan do..do it one by one..and see what helps u...in these is possible solution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom