Disk Partitioning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunner

Broken In
How do I partition my disks using MS-DOS ? Is there a software I need for it ? I have a Seagate as well as a Samsung 40GB HDD 7200 rpm. If I need a software, is there anywhere I can download it from ?

swatkat

Technomancer
Hi,
You can use the built-in FDisk to create partitions. Or else, youcan go for Ranish Partition Manager, it has loads of options. Be careful while using it!
*www.ranish.com/part/

OP
Gunner

Gunner

Broken In
How do I use the F-Disk to create partitions. And I want to run these options using MS-Dos, that is using a Windows Boot Disk. Is what I'm asking still possible ? And how do I access the F Disk feature ?

nach p

Journeyman
debiprasad_sahoo said:
Use Win XP Bootable cd to create partitions. It is easy and safe.
Use bootable cd of either win 2000 or xp .So while installing OS it asks for location ,that time you can delete all existing partitions .Then you have to enter size of drive which you want to crate (either in mb or % ).Thus you can create drives step by step.
Dont forget to set active partition I.e. C drive where u r going to install os.
Dont forget to backup data
Once u crated one Hdd ready then 2nd harddisk can be partitioned using softwares like partition magic or Windows Disk Management Utility.
For that right click MY COMPUTER :arrow: Manage :arrow: Under storage Disk Mangement.
Creating partitin in Dos is littlebit difficult who had not done before.
You can try to make it with given above links .
Have a good luck !!!!!!!

OP
Gunner

Gunner

Broken In
Wait. Let me get this straight. I have a boot disk of Windows XP Professional SP2. Now to access the F-Disk feature via MS-Dos, what do I need to type ?

Gunner said:
Wait. Let me get this straight. I have a boot disk of Windows XP Professional SP2. Now to access the F-Disk feature via MS-Dos, what do I need to type ?

I think using boot disk of Windows XP Professional SP2 u cannot access f-disk .Use 98 for f-disk...........

OP
Gunner

Gunner

Broken In
OK. Thanks. And let me get something else straight. You can only create one partition with FDisk ? And what is the syntax in DOS to access it ?

Well

U can use Ultimate Boot CD

this can be download from internet

using this cd u can get GUI interface and mouse support

and it is quite easy :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom