"Disk is write protected" error

Status
Not open for further replies.

shady_inc

Pee into the Wind...
Everytime I plug in my card reader I get this error.

*img519.imageshack.us/img519/6967/20070824221838hi3.jpg

This means I can't transfer any data to my card.Data transfer from card to PC takes place properly though.I can't even format the card using card reader because of it.I use Nokia 6630 and 1 gb card.

Does someone know of a solution.??:confused: .This problem is driving me nuts.:mad: .

narangz

Web developer
mmc doesnt have write protection, afaik. it might be password protected using some app or password protection. if you can find a camera which supports mmc & format it or use a card reader which formats protected cards. can u format it in the phone? also remove the card properly from the phone after it closes all the apps and displays that you can remove the card.

Q3:My memory card is LOCKED, what should i do?
1.Search for the file MMC store at C: using any file manager such as Sele Q, Fileman, etc. Change the file to .txt and the password for your MMC is there. (*Don't format your or you'll lose the file)
2.Reformat your MMC using Nokia 9210 or 6680. (*Data will lose for reformatting the card)
3.Reformat your MMC using certain memory card reader which can read locked MMC.
4.Just cover the last pin that is close to the cut edge of the card with some clear tape. (Not tested by anyone but it worth a try)
Code:
*www.symbian-freak.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6320

OP
shady_inc

shady_inc

Pee into the Wind...
The MMC is not password protected.I formatted it a dozen times already from my fone.But just after formatting if I put the card back in,it comes up with the same error.

sam_1710

Youngling
Just cover the last pin that is close to the cut edge of the card with some clear tape. (Not tested by anyone but it worth a try)
I do this always!! .. Try it it works flawlessly!! :))

OP
shady_inc

shady_inc

Pee into the Wind...
@ narangz: thnx for the info buddy.The tape trick worked!!!!

You and all others deserve credit for helping me out.;)

sam_1710

Youngling
nah.. dat shouldn't happen.. make sure dat not even a small piece of the metal is exposed !!.. that oughtta do it!!

spinach-guy

Broken In
Do one thing.
Go to My Computer.Right click on your memory card.Navigate to Properties>Hardware.Select your Memory card from the list.Click on Properties>Policies>Optimize for Quick Removal..Save the settings.It worked for me.;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom