Status
Not open for further replies.

rajivs007

Broken In
How do I configure Azimuth & Elevation & polarization of my dish. I have the values but anyone can explain how to measure the exact elevation & Azimuth. The dish is configured but signal strength is very low.

expertno.1

Technomancer
don't take dishtv's service you will not get any chanel of star group !

even its costlier than the cable walas connection

S

sunnydiv

star is working on one, i would like one where i can just choose a few channels, and not packages,

i would only take like 4 or 5.

expertno.1

Technomancer
from where please give me any site

if yes then i will give some black and blue to the dish tv dealer

and buy one

suhasingale

Journeyman
I use dish TV too can n e 1 telme wat's the procedure to subscribe to pay channelslike start TV? i stay in mumbai and i my device haz the feature of entering the card in it to use subscribed channels.

rohanbee

Padawan
Star has tied up with Tata for their own DTH service. I will definately go in for that one. The Dish TV support is quite bad. Try calling their call senter and you will be on hold forever.

Charley

Just Do It
suhasingale said:
I use dish TV too can n e 1 telme wat's the procedure to subscribe to pay channelslike start TV? i stay in mumbai and i my device haz the feature of entering the card in it to use subscribed channels.

Isnt that costlier than the cable connections which customers use ??

What are the charges incurred on activation ????????????

:?:

shaunak

Tux Fan
i called dishtv guys n got a lot of info here it is:
first they r working to tie up with star grp but it will take a long time
second for the subscribers card ask ur local cable wala 4 his card or contact the star grp.
third it is a tad costlier than ur local cable walas connection but the quality signal stranght etc is better.

i have decided to wait till others come out with dth service n there is some compitition b4 trying it out.

Charley

Just Do It
shaunak said:
third it is a tad costlier than ur local cable walas connection but the quality signal stranght etc is better.

Whats the prob with the qlty strenght in cable connection ???

:)

rohanbee

Padawan
Please understand these things:-

1. Dish TV or any other DTH will definately be more expensive. Whereas here you will be paying approx. Rs.350/-per TV. Most ppl around india pay that much for 3 tv's or so

2. The Clarity of DTH is much much more than your traditional cable walla. Why?
(a) They use sub-standard distribuition equipment and cables. They also make a lot of joints in these cables which also leads to tremendous quality loss
(B) DTH gives you digital signals. That means you can hear stero sound for programmes recorded in that. Also actual clarity seems very relevant when you increase your TV size i.e 29" upwards.

Also, expert.no1, iam looking for the Tata-star combine info when i get it i will pm you with that info as well.
Take care
cheers !!!

rohanbee

Padawan
Whats the cost(instalation monthly charges etc) on DD plus. What kind of channels are they showing? any star or zee on them yet?

shaunak

Tux Fan
well my signal gets a bit fuzzy at times plus there is the irritant of watching what the cable wala wants u to watch. although the non hindi dubbed versions of channells like nat geo n discovery r available u r forced to watch the dubbed version.

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
i missed the "da vinci code cracked!!!" due to cable TV failure!!
i waited for that prog for 7 days
btw, i watch Discovery,NGC,History, Travel & living, CNN, BBC, Channel V, MTV, Star World, ZMZ, AXN
+ sports stuff, NDTV 24/7 +etc news channels, should i go for DTH?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom