Dish TV vs TAta sky which is best ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

dinesh_mettur

Journeyman
hi dudes
am going 2 buy a Dth ie Dish tv or tata Sky ???
i wanna 2 know which is better
i heard that tata sky is costly and Rs 300per month
am going 2 buy for a room am a student
so i think dish tv is best !!! Rs 3000 and i need to see only sports channel
Is there channel package is avail in dish tv ??

am having tv tuner in my pc is it possile to view dish tv with tv tuner and is it possbile 2 record the match???

dashingsingh

Right off the assembly line
FOR ME TATA SKY IS BETTER THAN DISH TV
dish tv is bit old now and tata sky's clarity is better than dish tv......
well as for monthly charges go ,if u want it for a single connection...tata sky's monthly chargwe is rs.300 but tata sky lets u connect 3 more connections from the same dish for rs.100 monthly per connection(u will also need seperate box per extra connection + installation charges per extra connection will be halfed).
well i am having a adjustment with my neighbours........
four of our families have to pay a total of rs.600 per month.
that means u will have to pay 150rs per month provided ur other friends agree to adjust with you.
go with the quality:p

sai_cool

Journeyman
non-sense!

i have both tata sky and dish tv at home.
Quality wise - both are same.
Feature wise - Both are same.

The only difference being tat u dont get zee channels like z-cafe, z-sports and zee tv on tat sky.

If u jus want the sports channel only, pick dish tv and select the Rs.200/month package.

For more details visit *www.dishtvindia.in/static/dishtvschemes.asp

Last edited:

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
TATA sky gets more votes and also their marketing is better as we have seen more ads of them.. i have seen both of them and both the quality is same ...

there are some price diff though like the Movie on call is costly in Tata

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
Cool thanks a lot for the info!

Stick

Ambassador of Buzz
dashingsingh said:
well as for monthly charges go ,if u want it for a single connection...tata sky's monthly chargwe is rs.300 but tata sky lets u connect 3 more connections from the same dish for rs.100 monthly per connection(u will also need seperate box per extra connection + installation charges per extra connection will be halfed).
that means u will have to pay 150rs per month provided ur other friends agree to adjust with you.
go with the quality:p

In that case all 4 families will run same program as the Main TV running with?

Sau if First TV open "M TV" than other 3 coumpulsry need to watch "M TV" they can not switch to other channels. Is it true?:mad:

iinfi

mekalodu
i think TATA has an option wherein you can connect 2-3 other TVs to the same set-top box for nominal extra cost. but that is convenient if you have 1-2 TVs in your same house.
i wonder whether you have to goto your neighbour's house to change the channel as you can change the channel frm the set-top box only. (i m not sure though.)

krrrish

Broken In
Stick said:
In that case all 4 families will run same program as the Main TV running with?

Sau if First TV open "M TV" than other 3 coumpulsry need to watch "M TV" they can not switch to other channels. Is it true?:mad:

True only if other 3 tv 's dont have the rs 3000 box each .

Apollo

"Technologic"
Staff member
sai_cool said:
The only difference being tat u dont get zee channels like z-cafe, z-sports and zee tv on tat sky.
Saw a leaflet of TataSky, the other day, and it boasted of telecasting all the channels mentioned above.

techno tublai

Broken In
No if one family watches MTV then all the others will not be forced to watch the same. this is because the Signal Decoding occurs in the STB, connected directly to one TV. In case of multi-user config, each user will be provided with a seperate STB and they will only share the signal coming from the parabolic dish antennae, thats all. And yes, the channel selection and surfing occurs from the STB and not through the TV itself. Thus you will be able to watch over 250 channels even if your TV may support only a couple. About the DVD picture quality, DVD quality means a scanning resolution of over 720X540 pixels for a 16:9 ratio. As any electronics grad will know, our TV screen supports only 625 (mathematical, actual it is 525 or less) lines of horizontal scanning resolution and distinctively a surround sound track. So you are not watching a DVD quality movie. Maybe what they try to mean is that as the signal is processed in the digital domain, there is much less noise and interference and as a result, lint free pics are produced. And as you are a student, preferably you live in a hostel or a dorm. In that case you will be leaving after a couple of yrs. So the equipments like STB and the dish antannae will be useless. Wait for a few more days for any better offer.

Stick

Ambassador of Buzz
techno tublai said:
No if one family watches MTV then all the others will not be forced to watch the same. this is because the Signal Decoding occurs in the STB, connected directly to one TV. In case of multi-user config, each user will be provided with a seperate STB and they will only share the signal coming from the parabolic dish antennae, thats all. And yes, the channel selection and surfing occurs from the STB and not through the TV itself. Thus you will be able to watch over 250 channels even if your TV may support only a couple. About the DVD picture quality, DVD quality means a scanning resolution of over 720X540 pixels for a 16:9 ratio. As any electronics grad will know, our TV screen supports only 625 (mathematical, actual it is 525 or less) lines of horizontal scanning resolution and distinctively a surround sound track. So you are not watching a DVD quality movie. Maybe what they try to mean is that as the signal is processed in the digital domain, there is much less noise and interference and as a result, lint free pics are produced. And as you are a student, preferably you live in a hostel or a dorm. In that case you will be leaving after a couple of yrs. So the equipments like STB and the dish antannae will be useless. Wait for a few more days for any better offer.
Originally Posted by dashingsingh
go with the quality:razz:

We are discussing on above point posted by dashingsingh:)

techno tublai

Broken In
YES we ARE. but for others like iinfi, their question is to be answered. And my post does answer ur question too, doesn't it??

nanur

Right off the assembly line
STICK TO YOUR OLD CABLE OPERATOR--- it is cheaper and better than the so called DTH operators..read my review at *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?p=396941&posted=1#post396941

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
Both r crystal-clear... I luv both.. esp.. TATASky....

But my vote goes to.... My Local CableWallah... He gives me the channels what I want... not what he chooses to... I hate DishTV & TATASky for that... The suck for the mere fact that don't gimme all my fav channels... forget the part of reasonable rates...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom