[Discussion]Favorite Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

Journeyman
This is the best topic thread to discuss about your most commonly used software in day-to-day life and how are they your favorites and also rate them.

My Favorite Software/Tools/Utilities ::

::Mozilla Firefox::
Mozilla Firefox is THE most valuable tool in my computer today and will continue to be so for the years to come. Firefox is a boon for net-addicts like myself having an easy-to use interface and other features. It has extremely simple to use and has very few disadvantages. Some people claim that Gecko engines are bad, but on the contrary it is good to have a Gecko engine as Valid HTML is always the best to use instead of invalid ones. Gecko Engine & Open source has made Firefox more valuable.
Rating :: 9/10

::MSN Messenger::
MSN Messenger is the best messenger tool out there. It is extremely popular, supports other ID’s like Gmail, Yahoo, etc and has all my friends in it. So there is no other reason I need to give.=p. ^_^
Rating :: 9/10

::FlashFXP::
FlashFXP is THE coolest FTP tool there is. I mean, it has everything that you ever need, is toooo easy to use, has no errors or problems and is a webmasters best dream. Only that it is shareware. ~_^.
Rating:: 9/10

::Winamp::
Ofcourse, how can I forget Winamp? "It whips the hottest ..........". It has everything that I need and I love it to the core. The new themes are amazing with great features.
Rating :: 8.5/10

::WinRar::
This is a great tool by Rar Labs which supports amazing File Compression. WinRar format supports both Zip and Rar formats of compression so you have nothing to fear when WinRar is here, plus Rar compresses files more than Zip.
Rating :: 8/10

::MetaPad::
A new tool that I got which replaced Notepad. It has excellent features including Find/Replace and helps me a lot both when I type quick notes and for HTML Codes.
Rating :: 8/10

Other tools that I like a lot
Virtual CD v5.0 :: 9/10
Winamp :: 9/10
Color Cop :: 8/10
Spybot S&D – Rating :: 7.5/10
Flashget – Rating :: 7./510
RegCleaner – Rating :: 7/10

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
My favorite s/w are:

1.) Mozilla Firefox
2.) Download Accelerator
3.) 7-Zip
4.) PQ Magic
5.) Resource Hacker
6.) nLite
7.) X-Teq Setup
8.) PC Suite
9.) Oxygen Phone Manager
10.) MobiMB

whoopy_whale

Journeyman
My favourite list is
1)Opera
2)Free Download Manager
3)System Mechanic Pro
4)Resource Tuner
5)VCDCutter
6)Winamp
7)Yahoo! Messenger

vrnoormd

Broken In
MY favourite S/W is,

1.Win XP Pro SP2
2.Mozilla Firefox
3.Opera
4.Jet Audio Plus 6.2
5.BitDefender Std.v.8
6.Win RAR
7.ISO Buster
8.Alcohol 120%
9.Bit Torrent
10.Magic Tweak
11.Win Get

************************* :lol: :lol:

Gaurav

In the zone
My favourite softwares are:

Installshield Demoshield 7.5
Inno Setup
Opera 8
Active Keys
Outpost personal firewall
Nero 6 reloaded
Adobe Photoshop and Adobe acrobat professional v7.0
and not to mention whereisit?

There are many but I thought it would be wise to list only few of them ;)

hafees

In the zone
Opera 8 (feature rich than Firefox)
Download Studio (Feature rich - can download flash, pictures and regular stuffs)
IncrediMail (Great features, cool to use, largest collection of smilies etc)
Yahoo Messenger 7 beta (Feature rich - voice chat is acceptable even in dial up connections)
Avast antivirus (FREE & Good detection)
Gordian Knot Rip pack (the best collection of free tools for converting DVD to DivX or Xvid. And the quality is also better than most)
Style XP for changing XP's boring look
Power Archiver (unlike WinZIP it supports many format and is fast)
Ulead PhotoIMpact 10 (The easiest & feature rich picture editor. Can create stunning pictures for web without much effort)
Nero 6 Reloaded for DVD writing
CD Bank cataloguer (With a small download size this shareware is a very handy tool for cataloging your CD/DVD contents. )
Steganos safe 8 for securing my datas
Power DVD6 for playing DVDs

rajas

In the zone
MS Paint - needs no explanation.
Adobe Photoshop - needs no explanation.
Web Page Maker - creating web pages. simple drag and drop
Rapid key/ keyboard Pro - got to use these for keyboard shortcuts where data is redundant.
WinZip
CD Bank Cataloguer - Thanks to digit forum guys who recommended this. am able to manage my TechNet, MSDN and Music collections.
MS Outlook - Total work and communication
MSN Messenger(SIP) - This is how I make frndz and provide technical help to my team.

hack expert

In the zone
well i too like all my software`s installed coz they bring simplicity to all the tasks

but w.r.t the post here are some of my favourites

opera 8
leechget
Nero 6 reloaded
Ace FTP
winamp
clone cd
system mechanic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom