Discover OS X Vulnerability, Receive Death Threats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Third Eye

gooby pls
In the world of computer security research, it really doesn't get any more dramatic than this. This weekend, a security researcher hiding behind the pseudonym "Infosec Sellout" posted to the BugTraq mailing list that he had discovered a vulnerability in a component of Apple's Bonjour automatic network service, and that he had developed a proof-of-concept worm that exploits the hole. However he says he won't release it. The response? Death threats. However, that's only the beginning of a what is turning out to be a story that belongs more on a mid-day Soap Opera than on the front page of a tech news site. It quickly devolves into identity hijacking, site defacement, and speculation on other anonymous posters disclosing vulnerabilities in the past. Again, CNet has the dirty details.

Click to View

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Lol....what the hell is wrong with Macboys, they follow some cult or religion or what. I mean, this is simply lame, for gods sake its a computer after all.

Arya I challenge you for a real life dual :D, cos I want u to throw your macbook at me in the end, then I will throw my CRT Monitor at u :p

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
ya ya when u have nothing to say for the topic and defend its stupidity come down to teaching people english :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom