Disabling Norton Antivirus 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheetah

In the zone
Hi,
I have Norton AV 2002 installed on my WinME OS.
I want to know how to deactivate it temporarily.I have disabled from the settings menu but sometimes a DOS Windows appears with a beep sound. :evil:

For example when i try to use a Mailbomber named KABOOM3.Norton detects it.I have put this in file exclusions but this DAMN Dos window is driving me nuts. :roll:

Please help as i have lots of security tools which i want to try but unable to do so becos of Norton.

siddharth

Right off the assembly line
cheetah said:
Hi,
I want to know how to deactivate it temporarily.I have disabled from the settings menu but sometimes a DOS Windows appears with a beep sound. :evil:

For example when i try to use a Mailbomber named KABOOM3.Norton detects it.I have put this in file exclusions but this DAMN Dos window is driving me nuts. :roll:

Please help as i have lots of security tools which i want to try but unable to do so becos of Norton.

Well, try going to the help section and trying out there. There's a specific way. I dont think the way you didit will help

cheetah said:
Hi,

make a system restore point before trying this out !
go to the run command in the start menu, n type msconfig. press enter. go to the startup tab, in the window which comes. in this window, uncheck all those strings which relate to NORTON ONLY. then go to the services tab in the same window, and then uncheck ALL NORTON OR SYMANTEC RELATED SERVICES!!
exit this console
restart ur comp

now u can see all ur norton products disabled.

wen u enable ur norton products again, jus check all those strings in msconfig, which u had unchecked earlier!!!

theKonqueror

CCIE# 20863
Instead of MSCONFIG, I will suggest u to manually remove the startup entries with Regedit.

Go to Start>Run. Type regedit. then Traverse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>Software>Microsoft>windows>Current Version>Run.
Now Delete all entries that have Symantec or Norton in their value.

Then go to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>Software>Microsoft>windows>Current Version>Run Services.
Again, delete as above.

Go to
HKEY_CURRENT_USER>Software>Microsoft>windows>Current Version>Run.
Again same.

This will definately help U. :lol: :lol: :lol:
U can also disable any other annoying softwares with this methode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom