1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

DirectX prob in windows XP pro

Discussion in 'Software Q&A' started by KoRn, Apr 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KoRn

KoRn New Member

hey Guys i have directX 9b on my cOmp.there is a slight problem i wanna install directX 9c,but whenever i install the installation takes place succesfuly but when i check my version of directX from dxdiag it STILL is 9b.MY fren also has dis problem on his 865 mobo,he cant install 9c.I heard der is a remover for directX but its kinda risky 2 use it.PLease tell me the direct link of the remover as i will already create a restore point in xp jus incase anything bad happens.

HERE R MY CONFIGS:

Intel 915G chipset.256mb ram.intel onboard graphics(128mb).80gb HDD,dvd drive and windows xp pro.

HOPE i GET the solution............cuz i really wanna play new games which reqiure directX 9c to run.

2. yrana2002

yrana2002 New Member

There was a very similar problem that was solved successfully just a few days ago.

You have to uninstall Direct-X followed by a reinstall of Direct-X9.0c
    However, doing it manually may be a bit risky, so see this thread as to how to do it properly & safely:
    DirectX Happy U
    ninstall

Savvy:!:

3. shovik

shovik Banned

4. gxsaurav

gxsaurav Guest

let me guess u have Windows XP SP2 build 2096? install the full SP2 & it will work, do not uninstall DIrectX

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.