DirectX Blues!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Konain

Right off the assembly line
I have an Intel 865GBF chipset with onboard graphics, Windows XP prof, 512MB RAM. My games are crashing in full screen mode. They are just refusing to start. When I test direct3D in dxdiag the screen goes blank to start the test but then it stops saying that "You cancelled the test by pressing a key" though I do not do it. Directdraw is testing fine. I have reinstalled the graphics drivers from the intel CD. Recently I installed the DirecX 9 redistributable from the Digit DVD of this month. Can anyone please help!!

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
First uninstall the intel display drivers by entering in safe mode. Then install in after a restart. Restart again nd install dx9.0c nd also install x update april 2006, restart again nd see if the problem persist.

OP
Konain

Konain

Right off the assembly line
Dear Aravind,
What do you mean by x update April 2006? I reinstalled the driver in safe mode, then reinstalled DirectX 9.0 (without unstalling it) but the problem persists. Thanks for your time.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Just install the DX 9.0c redistributable + sdk. It contains all the xtra extensions. SOme games demands them nd usually provide the installation package like the Ghost Recon AF.

U try reinstalling windows. maybe some files of windows has gone bad or currupted. See if a repair would work, nd a complete reinstallation is recommented.

Stalker

Padawan
make sure that no unnecessary background programs are running.............
they usually give that " You cancelled the test by pressing a key" message

like aravind_n20 said, u better install the dx9 redistributable + sdk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom