directx 9c doesnt install

Status
Not open for further replies.

lovelygrll

Broken In
i have directx 9b installed on my pc. When i try to install direct9c it shows the message "installation complete" immediately but doesnt installs in real.
please help

i have P4 2.6GHz on 915 board running windows xp(pirated)version 2002 sp2

con_tester

Journeyman
Go to Run and type "dxdiag" without quotes...
See if there is an error.If not try reinstalling.

P.S. How u uninstalled Direct X.
Its not a simple process...

h_kunte

Journeyman
con_tester said:
Go to Run and type "dxdiag" without quotes...
See if there is an error.If not try reinstalling.

P.S. How u uninstalled Direct X.
Its not a simple process...

There is a software called "DirectX Happy Uninstall"......It is available for download at:

*majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4347

Hope this helps you..
Peace..
HK

G

gxsaurav

hmm, DirectX is an essential component of windows, better not uninstall & reinstall

this happens when u already have the latest version of directx 9 installed, & only a few files are needed to be update, like the decembar 2005 DirectX 9c update installed in only 2 seconds for me, as only 7 files were needed to update

try downloading & installing full directx 9c decembar 2005 redist, or u can also web install it

then go to start ->run -> type dxdiag , & in the next screen note the version of directx u got, it should be 4.09.0000.0904

sakumar79

Technomancer
There should be a file called directx.log in your %windir% (windows directory) that may provide some clues as to what went wrong with setup. Please post it if possible... And as Saurav pointed, check with dxdiag for exact version information.

BTW, Win XP Sp2 automatically should update your system to DirectX9.0c. If you have problems with your DirectX 9.0c install you'd probably have to uninstall and then reinstall the Service Pack in order to "reinstall" DirectX 9.0c.

Arun

hermit

Journeyman
here is an application which removes directx from system uneed to folliw the instructions carefully

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
<< DirectX 9 Uninstaller for XP / .NET >>
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This uninstaller uses your original XP or .NET CD to restore your original DirectX 8 files.
Extract these files to C:\DXTEMP! You must extract these files to this directory and run
the UnDx9.bat that uninstalls the DIrectX files in SAFE MODE. Enjoy!

--GxV of #betas

here is the link

Code:
*rapidshare.de/files/10230135/directx-dx9uninstaller.zip.html

vijay_7287

Cyborg Agent
maybe u dont have a finalized version of SP2
coz SP2 has directx 9.0c by default

so try updatin ur windows to install SP2

hermit

Journeyman
plz read carefully above post

u r backing it with directx(8 comes eith xp 0r .net) after unistalling direct x

choudang

Padawan
hey members, why u r trying to pull a bullcart.... download or get the DirectX 9.0 redistribution pack for December 2005, install it...... that will do everything.....

yash

I draw every day
hermit the software that u are linking, is it the same as the directx happy uninstaller? because i tried the happy uninstaller and was not happy with the results...i will have to buy and register it to be able to successfully uninstall 9.0b i still need help guys!!!

pranavrahul

Journeyman
TRUST ME

I have faced the same prob. The prob is that u can't install d 9.c until u remove d 9.b. U have to remove d 9b by installing directx buster. After that intalls d 9c. If it doesn't work us directx happy unintaller to install di 9c by showing the path where direct9.0csetup.exe is located.

pranavrahul

Journeyman
TRUST ME

I have faced the same prob. The prob is that u can't install d 9.c until u remove d 9.b. U have to remove d 9b by installing directx buster. After that intalls d 9c. If it doesn't work us directx happy unintaller to install di 9c by showing the path where direct9.0csetup.exe is located.

pranavrahul

Journeyman
TRUST ME

yash

I draw every day
so u r suggesting yet ANOTHER softwre directx buster? what else can i do? i`ll try it. thanks pranav.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom