direct satellite receiver internet ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajeshjsl

AskRajesh
i have a direct satellite receiver i.e dd direct dishnet .
it has also a rs232 connector which can be connected to the computer.
i have that cable and int the manual theres wrote that i can upgrade the box with the help of computer .
it means it works with computer
so how to have an internet connection ?

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
I dont think a dd direct can provide you with net. To get sat net you need a seperate type of reciver like the inmarsat 501A This is what we use it gives us a 64 KB link to the nearest hub(In india its singapore) The cost is a bit on the higher side (approx Rs 56 per miniuit prepaid). The RS232 connector on the reciver I think is for settings and monitoring other parameters. Please dont take my reply as final as i have not seen your eqpt.

Tech&ME

Banned
Quote from Doordarshan Website

"Q. Are you providing any value added service like Internet etc. over your DTH platform?

A. No, presently there is no such plan."

So, it seems u cannot receive internet service from the DD Direct+ as of now. They may provide this service at a later stage with help from BSNL.

For More details head to : www.ddinews.com

krisjr

In the zone
i guess the dudes r telling the truth..DD hasnt yet started giving net..first it shud think abt the so called broadband that tey hav started..its plain c***..ten tey can think of internet via sat..i think it will tak ages for tem man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom