Digital Projector

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tech&ME

Banned
Can I watch a Movie DVD on a Digital projector which is connected to my computer ?

I just want to install a screen in my room instead of regualar TV to watch DVD movies.

So, please tell me, if it is possible or not and also tell the brand and model which are good for this purpose.

geekysage

Journeyman
You definitely can. Many people already do that. Keep in mind, though, the image quality is very bad compared to a display like LCD/CRT/Plasma. But since you would normally sit at a distance when you project a big image, you wouldn't notice it that much, our eyes act like a natural blender (even the seemingly big gap between pixels blends in when you look at it from a distance.) As for projectors, you have hundreds of choices from Canon, Epson, NEC, Sharp...and the list goes on. They start at around Rs. 40-60K and a decent one would cost you around Rs. 100K.

Search online for projectors good for home entertainment use. Cnet reviews is a good place to start.

vikramk

Broken In
DLP Projector for home use

Hi,

I am looking to buy a DLP projector for home cinema use and have a few questions.

1. Is there any major problem with using a business projector for home use; they seem to be cheaper?
2. Found an old (2005) news release about Acer bundling PD 113 projector with a laptop. Apparently Digit has rated this a best buy - don't have a copy of that Digit. Has anyone bought this?
3. How much would an entry level DLP projector cost in India? in Singapore? Is the differential worth risking customs?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom