Digit Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

rakee

Journeyman
well sorry if you all mistook theres a Linux distro....DigitLinux

lets post here our request of linux distribution needed in the next issue.let digit decide from the major requests

i need in december 2004---mandrake 10.1---the no1 linux

and guyz care to develop a linux from scratch and crown it as digitlinux...reply

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
We have our own distribution based on Debian called "Gnoware" .... digit guys can remaster and distribute it .... or just distribute it as gnoware...

busyanuj

In the zone
rakee said:
lets post here our request of linux distribution needed in the next issue.let digit decide from the major requests

i need in december 2004---mandrake 10.1---the no1 linux

check out this thread for software requests:
Code:
*thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10177

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
Gnoware is not available on web due bandwidth issues at tifr... however i'll try to create a symlink in apache dir.... :) will just try if i can do it...

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
Gnoware information page:

Gnoware is a part of the Gnowledge project... Good thing about this distro is that it contains 100% Free Software and no proprietary programs are there....

There is a download link for Gnoware somewhere... but i dunno where... just wait for a couple of days, and i'll find out....

tuxfan

Technomancer
curvenger said:
Hey guyz, Redhat/Fedora Rulezzzzzzz
So far it is the most installed distro. But I think other distros are catching up very fast. In PCQ poll so many people wanted Debian that this time they have given Debian on a bootable DVD!

swatkat

Technomancer
Debian ans FreeBSD rocks.
Also Digit should give some 'interesting' distroes like aLinux,Movix2,Nitix etc.

curvenger

Broken In
Debian is very good, and there are lotza kewl software, but what I dont like is that their packageing system i.e .dep, coz cannot share with other packages, for eg i can use some SuSe .rpm with fedora and works fine.

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
The packages CD is required to set up the X server and the windows manager like kde gnome etc. Alternativly a good internet connection is needed to emerge the required packages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom