Digit Dvd Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont know whether it sis hardware problem or software problem .
the problem is ...

My DVD writer is SONY DRU-810A (DLDR & RW)
OS-Windows -SP2-connected to net &updated time to time.

i started buying digit from december.till february edition theres no problem.my march DVD when inserted in my writer gave message that "windows cannot read from the disk .the disk might be corrupted or it could be using a format that is not compatible with windows".then i send it to digit & got it relplaced.but i got the same message once again.same thing happened with APRIL issue.even that DVD when replaced gave the same result.on my complaint DIGIT send my march DVD once again.but even that was not working.for some reason i reinstalled my operating system.this time i found most of those disks working.but after few days when i tried april DVD for a software then once again i got the same message.then i tested with all those earlier DVDs .i got same result.adding to my frustation even the FEB DVD also gave same message.
but this months(MAY) DVD is working fine all the time.
i checked other DVDs such as my own written ones , TERMINATOR DVD,DECEMBER one .they all are working

i am unable to sort out the problem.plz help me.

robin345

Broken In
sreekar8191986 said:
what is firmware & how to clean lens plz
see here
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firmware

also you will need to open your DVD drive to clean the lens (using Cotton swab & alcohol or lens cleaner ) & lens cleaning cd`s are rubbish .
If you are not comfortable contact someone who can do it for you & otherwise you will damage the lens ..

hemant_mathur

-- No Easter Eggs here --
I have the same drive but have not encountered any probs with digit dvd's or cd's.
Can anyone give me the link for firmware and tell me how is it beneficial?

Sourabh

Laptoping
For all optical drive firmgrades - www.cdrinfo.com

For the Sony DRU -810A, here you go *www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Firmware/SingleModel.aspx?DriveId=1243

Read the guides and FAQ's in there for more info on them. The firmware upgrades need to be done with care. So make sure you get the things right.

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
Update the DvD RW's firmware....U will be able to find it on SONY's website....................................
If that fails then clean it with a lens cleaner but it does not always work!!!

Clean the Dvd with a dry cloth,next try the lens cleaner, other method is right click on the drive where the Dvd is and explore the contents individually as most of the time the auto run feature does not run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom