Digit December Special Edition Contents Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajivnedungadi

In the zone
Hi

THe December Special Edition Contents have been Announced. Its 4 CDs and a DVD.

I dont understand the reason why they are giving 20 Fast Track issues and 12 issues of DIgit in PDF in a separate CD. They could have added teh same in on a DVD. I dont think it will take more than 350 MB for it.

Click on the below link to see the details

*www.thinkdigit.com/megaissue.html

Thanks

Rajiv Nedungadi

Last edited:

Sourabh

Laptoping
Digit must have been extra careful this time considering the nightmares from last december. Last year the subscribers were annoyed to pay the extra amount to get the movie DVD. This time I can only hope that news-stand buyers are not at the recieving end. My only concern is the pricing - if it is anything more than 200, I would think twice before buying it. Mainly because the cd/dvd dont mean much.

Offtopic: Has digit got their email list jumbled up? Why are subscribers/readers getting emails regarding advertising options?

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
rajivnedungadi said:
Hi

THe December Special Edition Contents have been Announced. Its 4 CDs and a DVD.

I dont understand the reason why they are giving 20 Fast Track issues and 12 issues of DIgit in PDF in a separate CD. They could have added teh same in on a DVD. I dont think it will take more than 350 MB for it.

Click on the below link to see the details

*www.thinkdigit.com/megaissue.html

Thanks

Rajiv Nedungadi
Hmmm this makes them quote more Cd's given than ever.Thays why!

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
What a waste. Why would we need 4 CD's and a DVD filled with software that's available on the net? I'd prefer to get 1 movie DVD rather than 5 discs filled with software I don't need.

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
^^
Agreed. Many of us has bband so why would we need softies that we can easily download. U could have given some movie or freeware games or game demos.
Game demos now r mostly of 1 gb+ so it would be gr8 for dialup users and also for bband users coz it will save their 10hrs (talking abt ppl with 256 kbps). 4 CD's full of softwares and then a DVD and that also with softwares and stuff. Waste..........

blackpearl

The Devil
drvarunmehta said:
What a waste. Why would we need 4 CD's and a DVD filled with software that's available on the net? I'd prefer to get 1 movie DVD rather than 5 discs filled with software I don't need.

Yes. All redundant stuff. How does that make it a "special issue"? It should have contained a full paid game (not any from the "madness" series, by the way) or a full commercial movie. Only then it could have been called a "special issue". Now its just an over-priced normal issue.

Pathik

Google Bot
yea.... and u should also give a dvd full of linux distros....... give 3 dvds rather than 4cds n 1dvd

soham

In the zone
blackpearl said:
Yes. All redundant stuff. How does that make it a "special issue"? It should have contained a full paid game (not any from the "madness" series, by the way) or a full commercial movie. Only then it could have been called a "special issue". Now its just an over-priced normal issue.

I agree with you. Digit is going backward in time by providing 4CDs and i was expecting a dual layer DVD. No Movie DVD- A BIG MINUS POINT. I dont see any point in filling a cd with old issues of Digit. The contents of the regular issues are much better. Atleast there are more informative things. If you are a regular reader of Digit you will find that the December issue is a mixture of stuff from the past 11 issues. Plus ADs rule the roosts in these special issues (more than half the pages are ad filled). SO i wont buy the special issue.
:(

clmlbx

Technomancer
special issue ???????

DVD FULL OF MOVIES

OR

LINUX DISTRO'S

OR

FULL GAMES

WOULD BE A SPECIAL ISSUE :p

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
artciles dont look good, anyways, who cares, havent bought digit since april :D
fast track on google? Now that is ripped :rolleyes:

satyamy

Alive Again...
@Rajiv
Thanks a lot for Info
By the way i dont have DVD Rom, so i can only read all the issues in PDF version if it is in CD
Anyone know the cost of it.......?
I'll buy it from my bookshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom