Digicam using AA Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
I have Tech Com digicam 4 MP which uses AA battery...good results wid res 640*480 ..i bought it 1 yr back @ 5500 frm Nehru place Delhi

shashanktyagi1

Journeyman
we already have a topic for digi cams. *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=324989#324989 you can get more info there as many posts r there.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
The Canon A400 is certainly not the best when it comes to 3.2MP cameras. My PowerShot A75 is way better and provides a lot more options when taking images. I wonder if it's still available or if Canon replaced it with a newer model. Moreover the A400 has just 2.2x optical zoom while the A75 has 3x optical and 10x digital zoom. Besides there should be similar offerings by Nikon too.

abhishek_sharma

Journeyman
Nemesis said:
The Canon A400 is certainly not the best when it comes to 3.2MP cameras. My PowerShot A75 is way better and provides a lot more options when taking images. I wonder if it's still available or if Canon replaced it with a newer model. Moreover the A400 has just 2.2x optical zoom while the A75 has 3x optical and 10x digital zoom. Besides there should be similar offerings by Nikon too.

yup i agree that the A75 is better than a400 but then it falls in a different category...those of mid-range cameras. the difference in price is large.
while the canon a400 is available for rs.7500 with proper warranty...must be lesser w/o warranty in grey markets, the a75 retails for 14200 sth.
so of course an entry level cam cant be compared to a mid level one, but as far as casual photography goes, an a400 is quite good. it can produce gr8 results for postcard size photos or even larger ones.
i have been using it myself...even the video capture quality is decent, and better still when shot in broad daylight.

khandu

In the zone
it depends on ur costs benefits..

ofcourse Sony is way better then any.. but 10x zoom is not very good also.. becomes hazzy.. shold look for max optical zoom..

but then Canon is good for budget

i personally owned A400 and thats my experience.. very cheap w/o warranty

Now i have a Nikon P1 and WOWOOWOW...

I use a Konica Minolta Z10 with 4 x AA rechargeables. As suggested previously, the Canon A75 and 80 are great cams for the budget conscious, but have been long outdated and superseded. Fuji S3500 is better (again, I believe it may no longer be available), but a bit more expensive than the Canon. Also, xD cards are more expensive.

Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom